Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks is something which I have loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks is 8 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks estimated approx 1 hr 30 mins.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
I initially wanted to braise it in red wine sauce, but since I already had most of the ingredients, I braised the shanks in Asian stock instead.
It smelled and tasted SOOO good! Everyone who tasted it liked it… I guess, from what they said. 😅
Except for @_shu, who said it tasted like Chinese medicine.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks:
- 2 lamb shanks (~1 kg)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Asian stock
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 thumbs ginger, bruised and chopped
- 1,5 l chicken stock (I use 3 cubes of Knorr Chicken Stock + 1 tsp of Totole Mushroom Bouillon powder mixed with 1,5 l of warm water)
- 2 sprigs spring onion, chopped
- 1 sprig lemongrass, chopped
- 125 ml Shaoxing rice wine
- 115 ml Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 orange, peel and use only the rind
- 1 stick Chinese cinnamon
- 6 star anise
- 1 tbsp black peppercorn
- 1 tsp crushed peppercorn (optional)
- 2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- To fry
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil (can use any high-heat cooking oil) to brown the shanks
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil (can use any high-heat cooking oil) for the stock
Instructions to make to make Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks
- Marinate each lamb shank evenly with 1 tsp sea salt overnight.
- Prepare all the ingredients.
For the orange rind, peel the white parts away. Only use the orange parts.
- Make the chicken stock.
I use 3 cubes of Knorr Chicken Stock + 1 tsp of Totole Mushroom Bouillon powder mixed with 1,5 l of warm water. If not using these, I usually use concentrated chicken stock for ramen.
If you have original chicken stock from actual chicken, that would be much better.
- I mix the Shaoxing rice wine and the Kikkoman soy sauce to make putting in the liquid easier.
- Heat the oil on high. Then sauté the ginger and garlic until fragrant, around 5 minutes.
After that, put in all the chicken stock, the Shaoxing + soy sauce, and the rest of the ingredients.
The taste I was aiming for is a bit salty, more umami-ish, woody & liquoricey (from the anise & cinnamon), smells citrusy (from the orange rind), but also powerful (from the peppercorn and chilli flakes).
Bring to a boil and let simmer for several minutes while we brown the shanks.
- Heat the oil on high on another pan.
Brown the lamb shanks. This step is very important!
Sear the shanks on medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Put in the browned shanks with the stock in the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for ~38 minutes until the meat is about to fall off the bone. Take out and enjoy!
As your experience as well as self-confidence grows, you will certainly discover that you have extra all-natural control over your diet regimen as well as adapt your diet to your personal tastes in time. Whether you want to serve a recipe that makes use of fewer or even more ingredients or is a little bit more or less zesty, you can make basic changes to attain this goal. In other words, start making your dishes promptly. When it comes to standard food preparation abilities for novices you do not require to learn them however only if you understand some easy cooking methods.
This isn’t a full guide to quick and easy lunch recipes yet its good food for thought. With any luck this will obtain your innovative juices moving so you can prepare tasty meals for your household without doing way too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food Recipe of Favorite Asian-style Braised Lamb Shanks. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!