Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies estimated approx 60 mins.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
With the leftovers from Jamie's Empire Chicken I made these really splendid little pies, you could also of course make one big one instead. I guessed the quantities and there was just the right amount for four pies but you can adapt the quantities to how much chicken, bacon and vegetables you have. If you have leftover potatoes and greens from a roast, add those in too, you could also use ham instead of bacon, or ready cooked chicken breasts. I would have added some fresh tarragon if I'd had some.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies:
- 4 leeks, peeled, washed and sliced
- Leftover roast chicken
- 2-3 rashers smoked bacon, fried, or some cooked ham
- 1 sheet rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 350 ml chicken stock and/or whole milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 splash double cream, if you have some
- Salt and pepper
Steps to make to make Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies
- Saute the sliced leeks in some olive oil and butter until soft. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix the cornflour and Dijon mustard together with a little milk to make a smooth paste, then add the rest of the liquid, I used half stock/half milk but you could use all of either, you could also mix in some white wine, I didn't have any, which was why I added some white wine vinegar.
- Pour the liquid into the pan of leeks and stir on a medium heat until you have a thick, creamy sauce. Add a splash of white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste, some white pepper would be nice if you have some.
- Cut the cooked bacon and the chicken into bite sized pieces. Place in a large bowl and then pour the leek sauce over and mix in. Check for seasoning, then leave to cool.
- Prepare the pie dishes. Cut circles out of the dough just larger than the top of the dishes with a sharp knife.
- Butter the insides and rims of the dishes including just round the outside of the rims. Use the leftover pieces of pastry to line the rims, this gives a thicker edge and helps stop the crust from shrinking. Brush the pastry rims with milk. Cut slits in the middle of the rounds. Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- When the chicken and leek mixture has cooled (if it hasn't it will make the pastry top soggy), ladle it equally into the pie dishes, you shouldn't fill them to the top.
- Lay a pastry lid on each dish and use a fork to press the edges down firmly, this gives a nice pattern, and seals the crust. Brush all over the tops with milk, or beaten egg (waste of an egg) and quickly place in the oven before the pastry has time to start dropping onto the filling.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, if the filling starts bubbling over then turn the temperature down to 180C/Gas 4, but you need to start on the higher heat to get the pastry to rise and crisp. When golden brown, remove the pies from the oven. Serve hot. Try not to eat two.
As your experience and also self-confidence expands, you will locate that you have more all-natural control over your diet plan as well as adjust your diet to your individual preferences gradually. Whether you intend to serve a recipe that utilizes fewer or more active ingredients or is a bit more or less spicy, you can make basic adjustments to achieve this goal. Simply put, start making your recipes in a timely manner. When it comes to standard food preparation skills for newbies you do not need to discover them but only if you master some basic cooking strategies.
This isn’t a full overview to quick and very easy lunch recipes but its excellent something to chew on. Ideally this will get your creative juices moving so you can prepare tasty dishes for your household without doing way too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food Easiest Way to Make Homemade Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pies. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!