Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew is something that I have loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Gudeg is traditional Javanese stew where young jackfruit is stewed in spices and herbs and usually characterised by its sweet taste and its dark brown color from teak leaves. I do not have any teak leaves here and so I just make a substitution with black tea.
This recipe was adapted from the Indonesian kitchen by Sri Owen. #gudeg #indonesianfood #eattherainbow
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew:
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 4 bay leaves
- 250 diced beef
- 2 canned young green jackfruit
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 black tea bag
- 50 gram palm sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 4 hard boiled egg
- 1 inch ginger, bruised
- 2 inch galangal, bruised
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 8 candlenuts (closest substitution is macadamia nuts or 10 blanched almonds)
- 3 shallots
Instructions to make to make Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew
- Pound the candlenuts, coriander, garlic, shallots and salt in a mortar and pestle until you have a smooth paste. Add a little bit of water if needed to get it going.
- Preheat a large pot with cooking oil. Add the ground spices, bay leaves, bruised ginger and galangal and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the diced beef and stir to mix. Pour coconut milk, tea bag, salt and brown sugar. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and cover to let it cook for next 1 hour. Give it a stir every now and then.
- Uncover and then add in the young jackfruits and hard boiled eggs and let it cook again for another hour or so until the jackfruit is soft to the point where you can easily shred it with a fork. The diced beef should be soft. The liquid should be almost all absorbed at this point and the eggs are nicely tinted with brown color.
- Serve with rice and sambal on the side.
As your experience and self-confidence expands, you will discover that you have a lot more all-natural control over your diet and also adjust your diet regimen to your individual preferences in time. Whether you intend to offer a recipe that utilizes less or even more components or is a little more or less hot, you can make easy adjustments to achieve this goal. To put it simply, begin making your recipes on schedule. As for fundamental cooking skills for beginners you do not need to learn them however just if you understand some straightforward cooking techniques.
This isn’t a complete overview to fast as well as simple lunch dishes yet its great food for thought. Hopefully this will certainly get your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare tasty meals for your family without doing a lot of heavy meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food Steps to Make Any-night-of-the-week Gudeg – Young Jackfruit Stew. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!