- How To Modification Desktop Icons On Windows 11
- How To Modification Folder Icons On Windows 11
- How To Modification File Type Icons On Windows 11
- How To Modification Faster Way Icons On Windows 11
- How To Modification Icons On Windows 11: Regularly Asked Concerns
- How To Modification Icons On Windows 11: My Last Ideas
- Referrals And More Checking Out
Wondering how to alter icons on your Windows 11 PC? This guide teaches you how to alter icons on Windows 11.
This guide will reveal you how to alter your Windows 11 desktop icon, folder icon, and file-type icon. That’s not all, there are likewise actions to alter the faster way icons on your Windows 11 PC in this guide.
Additionally, we consisted of a frequently asked question area so regarding address a few of your most asked concerns about the subject in conversation. Hence, when you are done reading this guide, you need to have the ability to quickly alter any icon on your Windows 11 computer system.
How To Modification Desktop Icons On Windows 11
In order to alter the desktop icons of your Windows 11 PC, follow the actions listed below.
- Right-click the Windows 11 Start icon on the taskbar and choose Settings.
- Then, on the left pane of the Settings window, click Customization.
- Next, on the best pane of the Customization page, scroll down and click Styles.
- When the Styles page opens, scroll down to the Associated Settings sub-menu and click Desktop Icon Settings.
- On the Desktop Icons Settings window, pick the desktop icon you want to alter, then click Modification Icon. For example, according to the screenshot listed below, I wish to alter the Network icon.
- By clicking Modification Icon, the Modification Icon pop-up window appears, revealing a lot of icons you can select. Thus, choose your favored icon and click the OKAY button.
- The desktop icon will alter to the recently picked icon. Then, to conserve your modifications, click OKAY.
By default, the Network icon is not readily available on Windows 11 desktop. Thus, to make it readily available, inspect the Network checkbox under Desktop Icons and click OKAY.
- Lastly, the desktop icon has actually been altered.
How To Modification Folder Icons On Windows 11
You can likewise alter folder icons on your Windows 11 PC. Follow the actions listed below to do so.
- Right-click a folder on your Windows 11 PC and choose Program more alternatives to broaden the menu.
2. On the broadened menu, click Characteristics.
- This will take you to the folder’s residential or commercial properties page. Then, change to the Customise tab.
- On the Customise tab, below the Folder Icons area, click Modification Icon.
- Afterwards, pick a brand-new icon and click the OKAY button.
- Doing that will take you back to the folder’s residential or commercial properties page. Hence, click OKAY to use your modifications.
How To Modification File Type Icons On Windows 11
The list below actions demonstrate how to alter the icon of a file type on your Windows 11 PC. Nevertheless, you will require to download and set up a 3rd celebration tool called FileTypesMan.
Below are the actions.
- Click FileTypesMan link. When the website opens, scroll down to the bottom and click the download link for your Windows 11 System Type.
- If your system is 64-bits, click the 2nd link. Otherwise, click the very first link.
From the gadget requirements, you will see System type. Below the system type, you will have the ability to verify if your PC utilizes a 32-bits or 64-bits Windows 11 OS.
- The file will be downloaded to your computer system’s default download folder as a zip file.
- Afterwards, unzip the downloaded zip file. Then, open the unzipped folder and double-click FileTypesMan.
- You will get a User Account Control timely requesting you to enable FileTypesMan to make modifications to your PC. Click Yes to continue.
- When the application opens, find the file extension type you want to alter its icon. For instance, according to the screenshot listed below, I wish to alter the icon of the “. docx” extension– the “. docx” extension is for Microsoft Word files.
Additionally, you might push Ctrl + F to open the discover choice on the application. Then, type the file extension you want to alter the icon and click Discover Next.
- Next, right-click the file type and choose Edit Selected File Type.
- After that, on the best side of the Default Icon field, click the 3 dots.
- Afterwards, pick a brand-new icon and click OKAY.
- Then, you will be directed back to the Edit File Type window. Thus, click OKAY to conclude the procedure.
How To Modification Faster Way Icons On Windows 11
Remarkably, you can likewise alter faster way icons on your Windows 11 PC. To do so, follow the actions listed below.
The actions in this area can likewise be utilized to alter the icon of a program faster way.
- To start with, right-click the faster way you want to alter its icon and click Program more alternatives.
- Then, at the bottom of the broadened menu, click Characteristics.
- By default, the Faster Way Residence window will be on the Faster Way tab. Hence, click Modification Icon towards the bottom of the window.
- Then, a Modification Icon pop-up window will appear– pick a brand-new icon for the faster way and click OKAY.
- In doing so, you will go back to the Faster Way Residence window. So, click OKAY to conserve the modifications and close the window.
- You have actually effectively altered the faster way icon.
How To Modification Icons On Windows 11: Regularly Asked Concerns
a) Browse to Windows Settings. To do that, press Windows + I.
b) On the left pane of the Settings window, click Customization.
c) Then, on the best pane, scroll down and choose Styles.
d) Next, scroll down to the Associated settings sub-menu and click Desktop icon settings.
e) On the Desktop icon settings window, pick the icon you wish to alter and click Modification Icon.
f) Then, select a brand-new icon and click OKAY.
g) Lastly, back to the Desktop icon settings window, click OKAY to conserve the modifications, and close the window.
Yes, you can. Follow the actions listed below to alter the app icons on your Windows 11 computer system:
a) Right-click on the faster way of the app and browse to Characteristics.
b) On the Faster Way tab of the Characteristics window, click Modification Icon discovered at the bottom.
c) Next, select a brand-new icon and click OKAY.
Yes, it does. Nevertheless, if your PC is disappointing desktop icons, follow the actions listed below:
a) Right-click any location on your computer system’s desktop.
b) Then, choose View from the menu.
c) Lastly, click Program desktop icons.
Icons are visual representations of folders, files, programs, and faster ways that determine the kind of product they represent.
Windows icons remain in the ICO file format. This is an image file format including small-size images utilized for Microsoft Windows icons.
How To Modification Icons On Windows 11: My Last Ideas
As little as they can be, icons assist to offer a visual representation of file key ins a Windows 11 computer system. In addition, they enhance the desktop location of your computer system.
Additionally, as talked about in this guide, you can alter your Windows 11 desktop icons along with file, faster way, and folder icons. Thus, by following the actions supplied in this guide, you need to have the ability to attain that quickly.
I hope this post was useful to you? If the post was of any assistance to you, kindly vote Yes to the Was this post useful? listed below.
Additionally, you can share your ideas on this guide by leaving a remark or feedback with the “Leave a Reply” type at the bottom of this page.
Lastly, visit our Windows 11 How-To page for more Windows 11 guides.
Referrals And More Checking Out
- onmsft.com– How to tailor icons in Windows 11
- alphr.com– How To Modification The Icon Of An App In Windows
- en.wikipedia.org– ICO (file format)
This post was very first released in www.itechguides.com.