Are you among those users who isn’t comfy with Cortana on their Windows 11 computer system? Well, this guide teaches you how to disable Cortana in Windows 11.
Basically, this guide provides 2 approaches of disabling Cortana in Windows 11. The very first approach is to shut off Cortana in Windows 11 utilizing Group Policy.
On the other hand, the 2nd approach is to disable Cortana by means of Window Pc Registry. Additionally, this guide includes a frequently asked question area that addresses a few of the most asked concerns about the subject in conversation.
Hence, by the time you are done reading this guide, you must have the ability to perfectly disable Cortana on your Windows 11 PC.
Disable Cortana In Windows 11 Utilizing Group Policy
Listed below, you will discover the actions that will assist you disable Cortana in Windows 11 utilizing Group Policy.
- Press Windows secret + R on your keyboard– hold down the Windows secret and press the R secret. By doing that, the Windows Run command will open.
- When the Run command opens, type “GPEDIT.msc” and click the OKAY button or press Enter upon your keyboard.
- After clicking OKAY, the Resident Group Policy Editor window will open. Follow the navigation listed below, and see the image that follows.
Click the drop-down to broaden and discover the next action
Regional Computer System Policy → Computer System Setup → Administrative Design Templates → Windows Elements
- When you have actually situated Windows Elements, click the drop-down to broaden, then scroll down and choose Browse.
- After that, go to the ideal pane of the Browse classification and double-click Permit Cortana.
- When the Permit Cortana window opens, choose Disable, then click the Apply button prior to clicking the OKAY button to conserve the modifications.
- When you are made with that, the Permit Cortana policy will be Handicapped. After that, reboot your computer system to completely effect the modifications.
If you aren’t comfy with rebooting your computer system, open the Windows command trigger. After that, type GPUpdate/ force, and struck Go into to upgrade the Permit Cortana Policy.
Disable Cortana In Windows 11 Utilizing Pc Registry
Another approach to disable Cortana in Windows 11 is through Windows Computer system registry.
Damaging the Windows Computer system registry can be dangerous, and can render your computer system unusable. For that reason, I recommend you develop a bring back point prior to continuing.
When you are done producing a bring back point, follow the actions listed below to disable Cortana utilizing Windows Computer system registry.
- Press Windows secret + R on your keyboard. After that, type Regedit and click OKAY.
- By doing this, the User Account Control trigger will appear on your screen, requesting for the app to make modifications to your PC– choose Yes to continue.
- This immediately introduces the Pc Registry Editor window. By default, the Computer system registry Editor must be on this area– ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows.
Nevertheless, if it isn’t on the area, you need to browse to the area by hand. To do so, go from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > > SOFTWARE APPLICATION > > Policies > > Microsoft > > Windows utilizing the drop-down.
- Later, under Windows, find Windows Browse. Sometimes, you might not have the ability to discover Windows Browse.
If the Windows Browse secret is not developed yet, develop it following actions 5 and 6 listed below.
- To do so, right-click the Windows secret.
- From the alternatives that appeared, hover on New and click Secret. A brand-new secret will be developed.
- Then, relabel it to “Windows Browse” as displayed in the screenshot listed below.
- After that, right-click the Windows Seach essential you simply developed. Then, indicate New and click DWORD (32-bit) Worth. A brand-new DWORD (32-bit) Worth will be developed.
- Afterwards, relabel the brand-new DWORD (32-bit) Worth to “AllowCortana”.
- Next, double-click AllowCortana. This action will appear an Edit DWORD (32-bit) Worth window, where you can customize the Worth information.
Hence, customize the Worth information from 0 to 1, then click OKAY.
- Lastly, reboot your PC, and Cortana will be handicapped.
How To Disable Cortana In Windows 11: Regularly Asked Concerns
Cortana is a virtual assistant like Google Assistant and Apple’s Siri. Microsoft established it and utilizes the Bing online search engine to respond to concerns and carry out jobs.
Additionally, Cortana is exclusively for Windows OS. Likewise, just Windows 10 and 11 have this function.
Yes, Windows 11 has Cortana. Nevertheless, unlike Windows 10, it wasn’t pinned to the taskbar by default.
Nonetheless, like other apps, you can by hand pin the Cortana app to your Windows 11 taskbar.
Cortana isn’t eliminated from Windows 11; it was just eliminated from the Windows 11 taskbar. For this reason, you can just pin the Cortana application on your Windows 11 taskbar if you want.
a) Right-click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Job Supervisor from the alternatives.
b) On the Job Supervisor window, switch to the Start-up tab.
c) Find the Cortana app.
d) After that, right-click and choose disable from the alternatives that appear.
To discover Cortana settings in Windows 11, follow the actions listed below.
a) Type Cortana on the Windows search bar
b) Then, go to the left pane and click App settings. After doing that, the Cortana settings page will open.
How To Disable Cortana In Windows 11: My Last Ideas
If you read this guide to this point, that indicates you do not like Cortana on your Windows 11 PC. Well, according to the actions offered in this guide, you must have the ability to disable Cortana on your Windows 11 PC.
Generally, we went over 2 approaches of disabling Cortana on Windows 11. Initially, we discovered how to disable Cortana utilizing Windows Group Policy.
Likewise, this post taught us how to disable Windows Cortana through Windows Pc Registry.
For This Reason, if you discover this guide practical, let us understand by ballot Yes to the Was this post practical? listed below.
We’ll likewise like to get your remark about this post. For that reason, you can send us feedback in the Leave a Reply kind at the bottom of this page.
On The Other Hand, for more Windows 11 guides, visit our Windows 11 How-To page.
Recommendations And More Checking Out
- docs.microsoft.com– Configure Cortana in Windows 10 and Windows 11
- makeuseof.com– How to Allow or Disable Cortana in Windows 11
- beebom.com– How to Disable or Uninstall Cortana on Windows 11
This post was very first released in www.itechguides.com.