Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, Meat Rendang. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Meat Rendang is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Meat Rendang is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Meat Rendang, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Meat Rendang delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have Meat Rendang using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
#Malaysian #rendang for #lunch or #dinner
#lunch #dinner #meat #lamb #beef #protein #breakfast #brunch #heirloom #familyrecipe
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Meat Rendang:
- A. 1.8 kg Meat – sliced or cubed
- B. Toasted Coconut Paste @ Kerisik
- 2 C (175 g) fine desiccated coconut
- C. Blended Paste
- 1 large brown onion
- 1/2 large red onion
- 6 garlic
- 1/2 C sliced lemon grass (use white part)
- 1/4 C candlenuts
- 4 inches galangal – sliced
- 2 inches ginger – sliced
- D. Other spices
- 3 tbsp chili paste
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 small piece/slice of tamarind peel
- E. Seasoning
- 1 Can Coconut Cream (Ayam Brand)
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp chicken seasoning powder (we use Knorr)
- to taste Salt
- 3-4 tbsp thinly sliced young turmeric leaves
Steps to make to make Meat Rendang
- A – Slice or cube meat and wash in hot water for few minutes. Keep aside. B – Toast finely desiccated coconut in a wok (without oil) over medium heat until it turns golden brown. This toasted coconut is then pounded until it turns into oily brown paste. Another alternative is to blend this toasted coconut into a very creamy paste.
- Next, blend ingredients in C with 1/4 C of water. Keep aside. Prepare the rest of the ingredients. For chili paste, use store bought or soak few cups of deseeded dried chillies in hot water until soft. Blend into a very fine paste. Use 2-3 tablespoons for this recipe. Refrigerate the rest of the paste for other dishes/recipes. Next, thinly slice young turmeric leaves. Keep aside.
- Cooking the rendang – in a big wok, heat up a cup of cooking oil. Add in C (blended paste) and cook for few minutes until translucent and aromatic. Add D (other spices) and keep stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add A (sliced meat). Stir well. Cover for few minutes. Remove the lid. Season with sugar, chicken seasoning powder and salt. Put the lid on and leave covered for few minutes. Add coconut milk. Leave to cook until little liquid left and meat is tender. Add sliced turmeric leaves and B (toasted coconut paste). Stir to make sure everything is well-mixed. Remove from the heat and serve with sticky rice or steamed rice.
As your experience as well as self-confidence expands, you will discover that you have much more all-natural control over your diet as well as adjust your diet regimen to your personal preferences with time. Whether you want to serve a dish that utilizes less or more active ingredients or is a little bit essentially hot, you can make easy adjustments to accomplish this objective. In other words, start making your recipes promptly. When it comes to fundamental cooking abilities for newbies you don’t require to learn them however just if you master some straightforward cooking techniques.
This isn’t a full guide to fast and also simple lunch dishes but its great something to chew on. With any luck this will certainly obtain your creative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your household without doing too many square meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Award-winning Meat Rendang. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!