Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, Oden. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Oden is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Oden is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Oden, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Oden delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Oden is 4 to 5 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have Oden using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
‘Oden’ is a Japanese hot pot dish of several ingredients simmered in the seasoned dashi stock. The essential ingredients are Fishcakes such as Chikuwa and Fish Balls. I always add Daikon, Potato, Boiled Eggs, Konnyaku (Konjac) and Beef Tendon skewers. Beef Tendon is hard to find where I live, I often use Ossobuco (Veal Shanks) meat. ‘Oden’ is a perfect dish for dinner on a cold winter day.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Oden:
- 6 cups (1500 ml) Water
- 3 teaspoons Dashi Powder *I used Kombu Dashi & Katsuo (Bonito) Dashi
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- Suggested Ingredients
- *Note: Prepare 4-5 servings of every ingredient
- Beef Shank Meat *OR Beef Tendon, cooked with Ginger and Spring Onion
- 4-5 Boiled Eggs
- 1/2-1 Daikon (White Radish)
- 1 Konnyaku (Konjac)
- 2 Potatoes *peeled and cut into chunky pieces
- Fish Cakes *e.g. Chikuwa, Fish Balls, etc
Instructions to make to make Oden
- Boil Beef (Veal) Shank Meat with a few sliced Ginger and 1 Spring Onion until soft. Cut into bite-size peaces and skewer. *Note: If you use Beef Tendon, it would take much longer time. Pressure cooker is a good method to cook it.
- Prepare Boiled Eggs. Peel Daikon and cut into chunky pieces, and boil until soft. Cut Konnyaku (Konjac) into the size that is easy to eat, and blanch for a few minutes.
- Place the all Soup ingredients in a large pot and heat over high heat. Add Daikon, Konnyaku (Konjac), Shank Meat Skewers, and Potato pieces. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for several minutes.
- When Potato is almost soft, add Fish Cakes and Boiled Eggs, bring back to the simmer, and simmer until Fish Cakes are soft.
- *Note: You can set it aside at this stage, and warm it up just before serve. ‘Oden’ tastes nicer this way, but Boiled Eggs can’t be kept softly cooked.
As your experience as well as confidence expands, you will certainly locate that you have extra all-natural control over your diet plan and adjust your diet plan to your personal tastes in time. Whether you intend to serve a dish that uses fewer or more components or is a bit basically zesty, you can make easy adjustments to accomplish this goal. To put it simply, begin making your recipes promptly. As for fundamental cooking skills for beginners you do not require to learn them but just if you master some straightforward food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a full guide to fast and also simple lunch recipes yet its good food for thought. Ideally this will certainly get your creative juices streaming so you can prepare tasty meals for your family members without doing a lot of square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Recipe of Quick Oden. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!