Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging) using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
This dish is a well known dish from Semarang (Central Java, Indonesia). The soup is so flavourful, with unique combination of sour, sweet, spicy). So fresh and refreshing!
Note: pls adjust the amount of the chillies if you don’t like spicy food. The soup will still be delicious 🙂
Recipe is adapted from cookpad Indonesia: by Diyah Kuntari
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging):
- 500 gr beef cube/shank, cut cubed
- 2 liters water
- 200 gr french beans, cut like a matchstick
- 1 big carrot, cut like a matchstick
- 2 green/unripe green tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sweet soya sauce (preferably Indonesian sweet soya sauce like bango or ABC brand)
- 1 piece gula melaka/brown sugar (about 50 gram)
- 4 tsp tamarind juice/asam jawa
- 1 cube beef/chicken stock
- to taste Salt, sugar
- Stir Fry Ingredients
- 4 big green chillies, cut
- 1 big red chillies, cut
- 6 bird eye chillies/chilli padi, whole – no need to cut
- 6 shallots, slice thinly
- 3 garlics, slice thinly
- 4 cm galangal/blue ginger, cut and smashed a bit to release the flavour
- 3 pcs Indonesian bay leaves/daun salam
Steps to make to make Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging)
- Clean, cut the beef cube or shank. Put in pressure cooker, add 2 litres of water and cook for 15-30 mins (beef shank 15 mins, beef cube 30 mins). Set aside.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients, wash clean and cut accordingly
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, stir fry the shallot and garlic until fragrant and turn translucent. Add chillies, bay leaves, galangal. Continue cooking for few more minutes.
- Add the stir fried chillies/shallots/garlics to the beef soup. Turn on the fire again, add sweet soya sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, sugar. Add french beans and carrot, cook until soften. Lastly add the green tomatoes and tamarind juice. Cook for a few more minutes. I don’t cook the tomatoes until too soft/mushy.
- Taste, add any seasoning as needed. The soup will be a mixture of sour, spicy, sweet and salty at the same time. So refreshing
- Serve with warm rice 😋😋
- For me: at step 4, once I cook the shallots/garlics/chillies in the soup for a few minutes, I will take the chillies out from the soup and put them in separate bowl. Why? Because the longer you cook the chillies, the spicier your soup will be. And as I am cooking for the whole family, I don’t want the soup to be too spicy for my kids. We will add the chillies back before serving in our individual bowl.
As your experience as well as self-confidence grows, you will certainly locate that you have a lot more natural control over your diet as well as adjust your diet plan to your individual tastes with time. Whether you want to serve a dish that makes use of fewer or even more active ingredients or is a bit essentially hot, you can make straightforward adjustments to attain this goal. To put it simply, start making your dishes in a timely manner. When it comes to standard cooking skills for novices you don’t require to discover them but just if you master some easy food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a full overview to quick as well as easy lunch recipes but its good food for thought. With any luck this will obtain your creative juices flowing so you can prepare delicious dishes for your family members without doing a lot of heavy meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food Simple Way to Make Favorite Sour Spicy Beef Soup (Asem Asem Daging). Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!