Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
I love eating Japanese cuisine and this dish has the perfect combination of breaded meat, assorted vegetables and curry sauce.
This dish is very popular and can be brought in restaurants and supermarkets in Japan and has become a national dish, as it is so widely eaten.
This is one of my go to Japanese home comfort foods. Not only is it so simple to make but also very super delicious to eat and filling. I love making this at home and eating it out.
For Japanese students this dish reminds them of how their mothers used to make it.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this dish as much as I do.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry:
- Sushi rice:
- 2-3 cups rice (use more or less)
- For the breaded meat:
- 1 box pork loin (contains about 4-5 pieces) or 2 chicken breasts cut in half longways (to make 4 pieces)
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4-5 cups vegetable oil, for cooking the breaded meat
- For the vegetables:
- 2 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 medium onion, chopped into quarter slices or finely chopped
- 6 button mushrooms cut in half
- 1 broccoli florets, sliced in half or use mangetout sliced in half
- 5 small Maris Piper potatoes, or a handful baby potatoes sliced in half
- For the curry sauce:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cups boiled water (from kettle)
- 1 block Japanese curry sauce (S&B Golden Curry Mix)
- For garnish:
- 1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds, sprinkle over rice (optional)
Steps to make to make Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry
- Add the rice to the rice cooker. Wash and rinse it a few times until it is no longer cloudy. Cook the rice and leave it there until ready for serving.
- Peel and slice carrots into rounds 0.5cm. Peel the onions and cut into quarter slices. Cut the mushrooms and broccoli florets in half. Slice the potatoes into quarters and set the vegetables aside.
- Boil about 5 cups of water in a kettle to save time. On medium heat, in a medium sized sauce pan place the carrots and potatoes. Add the hot water enough to cover the vegetables and cook until soft. In a colander drain the vegetables and set the carrots and potatoes aside.
- On medium heat, add oil in a wok and let it heat up for about a minute. Place onions in wok and sauté the onions until soft bad becomes translucent, then add the carrots and potatoes and stir. Cook it for about a minute. Now add broccoli or mangetout and mushrooms. Cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add the curry block along with then the hot water (from kettle) enough to cover the vegetables. Stir until the curry block has fully dissolved.
- Let it simmer gently, turning down the heat to low for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally from time to time to prevent sauce and vegetables from sticking and burning. Then reduce to very low to keep warm.
- In two separate baking trays place the flour in one (season with a small amount of pepper & salt – optional) and in the other the panko breadcrumbs. In a bowl gently beat the eggs.
- In the meantime as the curry simmers, prepare the pork by pounding each loin piece one by one until 0.5cm thick. Season with salt & pepper (add as much or little as you like).
- Take a piece of pork loin (I used pork) or chicken breast and fully coat it all over in the flour on both sides. Dip into the egg and let any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Then place the pork in the panko breadcrumbs and cover the meat with it on both sides (including the edges). Place this on a large baking tray. Repeat the steps until all the pork has been used and set aside.
- In a wok or large pot add oil for shallow frying the breaded pork. On medium heat let the oil heat up. Drop a piece of panko breadcrumb into the oil. If it sizzles then the oil is ready. Place a piece of breaded meat into the wok. Let one side turn slightly golden brown before turning. Once brown turn over. Turn once more.
- When golden brown transfer onto kitchen paper placed on top of a plate or tray to allow the excess oil to drain. Repeat the process until all meat has been used.
- Place one breaded pork or chicken piece onto a chopping board. Cut into several slices (place remaining cooked meat in oven, on low temperature to keep warm) or leave whole. On a serving plate, add the rice, place the sliced meat next to it. Then ladle the curry sauce either on the side or on top of meat and rice (add as much or little as you wish). Garnish with sesame seeds (optional).
As your experience and self-confidence expands, you will certainly locate that you have extra all-natural control over your diet plan as well as adjust your diet regimen to your personal preferences in time. Whether you intend to offer a recipe that uses fewer or more ingredients or is a bit more or less spicy, you can make easy modifications to accomplish this objective. Simply put, start making your dishes on schedule. When it comes to basic cooking skills for beginners you do not require to discover them yet just if you understand some basic cooking methods.
This isn’t a total overview to fast as well as simple lunch recipes but its good food for thought. Hopefully this will certainly obtain your creative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family without doing way too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Simple Way to Prepare Ultimate Tonkatsu or Katsu Curry. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!