Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice is Serves 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice estimated approx 2 hours 35 minutes.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice using 40 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
#Chinesefood #chinese #asianfood #asian #hainanesechickenrice #chickenrice #hainanesefood #chicken #lunch #dinner #ginger #springonion #sesameoil #garlic #jasminerice #darksoysauce #lime #ricevinegar #redchillies #delicious #tasty
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice:
- For the chicken:
- 1 whole fresh chicken (about 1.5 kg)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 14 cups water
- 4-5 slices ginger
- 2 whole spring onion
- For the rice:
- Chicken fat, taken from the back cavity of the chicken
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups Jasmine rice, washed and drained
- Chicken stock, from the chicken soup
- 2 tsp salt
- For ginger – garlic sauce:
- 4 inch piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tsp peanut oil
- Pinch salt
- Sweet dark soy sauce:
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp rock sugar
- 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
- Chilli sauce:
- 6 fresh red chillies
- 3 inch piece of ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- The juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 3-5 tbsp chicken broth (from boiling the chicken or until saucy consistency is achieved)
- Spring onion and ginger oil
- 1 big bunch of green onion finely sliced
- 3 tbsp ginger finely minced
- 1 tbsp each of finely minced garlic and spring onion
- 1/4 peanuts oil
- Splash sesame oil
- Salt to taste
Steps to make to make Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice
- To make the chicken:
Wash the chicken clean and remember to set aside the piece of chicken fat at the back cavity. Transfer the chicken to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Lightly rub the chicken with the salt. This will give the chicken skin a nice sheen. Set it aside.
- Bring the water, along with the ginger and spring onion to a boil ina large stockpot. Before adding the chicken to the pot, rinse the chicken under chicken under running water to wash away the salt.
- Carefully lower the chicken into the boiling water, positioning the chicken breast side up. Now is a good time to adjust the water level so the chicken breast just pokes above the water (so you aren’t left dry white meat).
- Once the water boils, carefully lift the chicken out of the water to pour the colder water that is trapped in the cavity. Carefully lower the chicken back into the pot. Bring the water to boil again and cover the lid.
- Turn off the heat, and leave the pot, covered, on the stove for 45 – 50 minutes (set a timer). To check if the chicken is done, stick a toothpick into the thickest part of the drumstick; if the juices run clear, it’s cooked through.
- When the 45 minutes timer (for the chicken) is almost up, prepare a large ice bath. Once the chicken is cooked, carefully lift the chicken out of the pot, drain the water from the cavity and lower it into the ice bath.
- Take care not to break the skin. After 15 minutes in ice bath, the chicken should be cooled completely, drain and cover with clear plastic until ready to cut and serve. The ice bath stops the cooking process, locks in the juices and gives the chicken skin better texture.
- To make the rice:
While the chicken is cooling, make the rice.
Heat a wok over medium heat, add the chicken fat and render about a minute. Add sesame oil and stir in the minced garlic and fry briefly, making sure doesn’t burn.
- Add the uncooked rice. Stir continuously for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Scoop the rice into the rice cooker and add the appropriate amount of chicken stocks and salt. Close the lid and press start.
- While the rice is cooking, let’s prepare the 4 signature dipping sauce.
You can also start preparing there sauces while chicken in the pot.
- To make Ginger garlic sauce:
Grind the ginger and garlic in a food processor until a paste forms. Heat the oil in a small pot. Gently fry the ginger and garlic until aromatic and just lightly caramelised. You want it to be just cooked so that it no longer has that spicy raw flavour of uncooked ginger and garlic. Add salt and taste and transfer to a sauce dish.
- To make sweet dark sauce:
Heat the water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves and the liquid thickens into a simple syrup. Add the dark soy sauce, stirring to combine. Transfer to a sauce dish.
- To make chilli sauce:
Grind the chillies, ginger and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. You will probably have to scrape down the sides of the food processor 1 – 2 times to ensure everything is ground up evenly. Add the sesame oil, salt, sugar, lime juice, and vinegar to the food processor. Pulse 2-3 times to combine.
- Transfer to a small bowl and add the chicken broth (what you used to boil the chicken) 1 tbsp at a time until saucy consistency is achieved. This is really about your preference too; if you like a thicker paste, add less broth. The broth also helps the sauce come together and adds additional chicken flavour.
- For spring onion and ginger oil:
Heat up the peanuts oil in a saucepan over high heat until the oil is shimmery and hot, but not smoking. Add the spring onion, ginger, garlic at once, but be careful, the oil will bubble and splatter.
- The onion will sizzle and wilt almost immediately and turn a bright green. Take the pan off the heat and stir the sauce with a wooden spoon. Add a splash of sesame oil and salt to taste.
- The spring onion and ginger oil will keep in the fridge for a couple of days, but it’ll lose that vibrant green colour.
As your experience and confidence grows, you will discover that you have a lot more natural control over your diet as well as adjust your diet to your individual preferences over time. Whether you wish to offer a recipe that utilizes fewer or more components or is a little bit basically zesty, you can make basic adjustments to achieve this objective. In other words, start making your dishes on time. When it comes to basic food preparation abilities for novices you don’t need to learn them however only if you grasp some simple food preparation methods.
This isn’t a full guide to fast as well as easy lunch dishes but its excellent food for thought. With any luck this will obtain your creative juices streaming so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your household without doing a lot of square meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food Steps to Make Quick Authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!