Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Basic Congee With Tips (Chinese Porridge). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Basic Congee With Tips (Chinese Porridge) is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Basic Congee With Tips (Chinese Porridge) is something that I have loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Basic Congee With Tips (Chinese Porridge), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Basic Congee With Tips (Chinese Porridge) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Basic Congee With Tips (Chinese Porridge) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Tips for good congee:
1. Wash and soak rice for at least 10mins.
(Optional but if you have time, why not)
2. Always cook with HIGH HEAT FIRST (important step) until it boils. Leave to boil for good 10 – 15 minutes until rice soften; make sure there's enough water in the pot. Stir in between.
3. Next, simmer on low heat (after step2) until porridge turn starchy. Step 2 is to cook the rice until it turns soft and step 3 is to turn rice into starchy congee. Add water if necessary to adjust the thickness of your congee. Simmering takes AT LEAST 30 – 40 or more; until congee reaches good starchy consistency (not just soft watery rice).
Note 1: Another way to have great congee is to use two types of rice. Use hard long grain rice and the soft short grain rice. Both soaked separately and before putting these 2 types together in a pot, just crush the soaked short grain rice with your hand briefly. Combine both in a pot.
#breakfast #yummy #tasty #lunch #dinner #starch #rice #congee #porridge #bubur #chinese #familyrecipe
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Basic Congee With Tips (Chinese Porridge):
- 👉🏻 Plain Rice Congee
- 2-3 C Rice – Soaked
- 6 C water (or more as you go. See recipe)
- Congee Accompaniments
- Sesame oil (drizzle over served congee)
- Ground white pepper (opt)
- Finely chopped coriander
- Shreaded chicken
- Fried mixed onions
- Fried anchovies
Steps to make to make Basic Congee With Tips (Chinese Porridge)
- 👉🏻 For Plain Congee – Clean & soak rice for at least 10mins or more. Place rice in a big pot. Add water and cook over high heat until it boils. Leave it boiling for good 10 – 15 mins until rice is cooked through and mushy. At this stage, rice is cooked and look mushy but it’s not a good congee (yet) as the grains are not yet starchy. Stir in between.
- Next, over LOW HEAT, Simmer congee for at least 30-40 minutes or more. Simmer until it reaches a thick starchy consistency, NOT just WATERY.
- Serve congee in a bowl and drizzle some SESAME OIL (optional) and op with your preferred sides like shredded chicken, peanuts, fried crispy anchovies, chopped coriander, fried shallots and garlic, red fermented bean curd or tofu, chinese preserved olive leaves or vegetable, chinese pickled lettuce, stir fry pickled veggies and so on. Check my Anton Ego’s stir-fry pickled veggies. Accompaniments for congee are usually based on individual preferences.
- Note 📝 : to season or not to season? It's depending on how congee is served. If congee is served with side dishes or accompaniments, seasoning is not necessary because the sides will serve as seasonings & added flavour. This is what we refer to as Plain Congee.
- 📝 👉🏻 Seasoned Congee or porridge is served on its own. To cook this seasoned congee, you can add broth of choice in STEP 1 or STEP 2. But pls note that, adding broth to your seasoned congee is still optional. Other ingredients added to your seasoned Congee when cooking are; few crushed garlic, finely julliened ginger, powdered pepper and protein of your choice. Season with salt or chicken seasoning powder/ chicken bouillon.
- Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly before removing the pot from the stove. Top with some chopped spring onion or scallions when serving.
As your experience and confidence grows, you will certainly discover that you have more natural control over your diet and also adjust your diet plan to your individual preferences in time. Whether you intend to serve a dish that utilizes less or more components or is a bit basically zesty, you can make simple modifications to attain this objective. To put it simply, start making your dishes on schedule. When it comes to standard food preparation abilities for novices you do not need to discover them yet only if you grasp some simple food preparation methods.
This isn’t a total overview to fast and also very easy lunch recipes but its excellent something to chew on. With any luck this will get your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your family members without doing a lot of heavy meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food How to Make Speedy Basic Congee With Tips (Chinese Porridge). Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!