Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, Beef and Cheese Empanadas. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef and Cheese Empanadas is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Beef and Cheese Empanadas is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Beef and Cheese Empanadas, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Beef and Cheese Empanadas delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Beef and Cheese Empanadas is 20 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Beef and Cheese Empanadas estimated approx 1 hour 30 mins.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Beef and Cheese Empanadas using 27 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
These are fun to make,and very versatile.. They make a great appetizers but can also be a main dish with a big salad.!
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Beef and Cheese Empanadas:
- EMPANADA FILLING
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 oz button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel tomatos,with mild chilis
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp cream, heavy, light or half and half
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- EMPANADAS WRAPPERS
- 20 thawed frozen empanada pastry rounds, I used Goza brand or homemade
- 1 egg wash, which is 1 large egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tbsp grated romano cheese
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- FOR SERVING, AS A DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 recipe Chipotle Ranch dipping sauce. Recipe attached in directions
Steps to make to make Beef and Cheese Empanadas
- Combine the ground beef with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley.
- Chop all vegetables.
- In a large skillet , heat oil, add seasoned ground beef and brown..Add all.chopped vegetables and cook until.vegetables are tender about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with all juices, cream and honey. Cook until well blended and not much liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Add beaten egg and mix in thoroughly.
- Off heat add cheddar and romano cheese, mix in and cool filling completely. This can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days before filling pastry.
- FILL EMPANADA PASTRY CIRCLES
- Lay pastry flat on work surface, brush inside edges with egg wash.
- Put a heaping tablespoon filling in the center of pastry.
- .lift pastry over to Completely enclose filling. Press all edges to seal.
- With the tines of a fork press to completely seal in filling.
- Brush empanada with egg wash
- With a quick stab poke the tines of a fork in top of empanada for venting.In a small bowl mix the romano and granulated garlic, sprinkle evenly on tops of empanadas
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place empanadas about 2 inches apart on prepared sheet. Bake 18 to 23 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with Chipotle Ranch Dip/ Sauce recipe attached bellow
- NOTE; These can be individually frozen after cooling completely. Reheat in a 400 oven on a rack until just hot and crisp about 5 to 10 minutes.
As your experience as well as self-confidence grows, you will certainly locate that you have more natural control over your diet regimen and also adapt your diet regimen to your individual tastes with time. Whether you wish to offer a dish that uses less or even more ingredients or is a bit basically hot, you can make basic changes to achieve this objective. To put it simply, start making your dishes on time. As for fundamental cooking abilities for beginners you do not need to learn them but just if you understand some basic food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a complete overview to quick and very easy lunch recipes yet its great something to chew on. Ideally this will get your creative juices flowing so you can prepare tasty dishes for your family members without doing a lot of square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Easiest Way to Prepare Homemade Beef and Cheese Empanadas. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!