Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, Butternut Squash Tagine. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Butternut Squash Tagine is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Butternut Squash Tagine is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Butternut Squash Tagine, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Butternut Squash Tagine delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Butternut Squash Tagine is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Butternut Squash Tagine estimated approx Approx 40 mins.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Butternut Squash Tagine using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Delicious silky butternut squash and halloumi tagine recipe.
An economical dish, but big in flavour. Step by step photos and video included. You can of course add many things to a tagine, a tagine is a traditional clay cooking pot used in Morocco. I’m lucky enough to own one, but I know most people don’t have them, just use a good solid sauce pan instead!
So its Meat free Monday, and you don’t need any with this recipe, this is a earthy, warming spicy tagine!
There has been a random butternut squash and chilli halloumi in my fridge for weeks. So here’s going for it, Butternut Squash Tagine with halloumi! For you purists out there, this is not a traditional Moroccan recipe, I am using my creative licence for this one!
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Butternut Squash Tagine:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or fry light spray
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, chopped into small 1cm cubes
- 4 Cloves garlic, bashed and roughly chopped up
- 1 Red onion finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 carton passata 500grams
- 3 preserved lemons, pips taken out and roughly chopped up
- 200 grams halloumi cut into cubes
- 150 ml stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 tbsp. clear runny honey
- 12 olives
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- Fresh coriander as a garnish
- Yogurt – optional
Steps to make to make Butternut Squash Tagine
- On the hob!
Slice in half and remove the seeds from the butternut squash, peel, and chop it. USE a STRONG sharp knife.
- Chop up the onion and garlic.
- Prepare the spices and lemon.
- With a saucepan or tagine heat it up on the hob to a medium heat. Drizzle or spray the oil and add then throw in the onion and garlic, let it slowly soften for 4 – 5 minutes stirring regularly.
- Next add the spices for a minute or two to heat through, then the lemon. Add the butternut squash stirring well to coat all the cubes with the spices. Splash in the tomato passata, stir….. and the honey and salt and pepper.
- Pour in the stock cube, now let the sauce do its things, bring it down to a gentle simmer. Stir occasionally to make sure its not burning on the bottom.
- Check the butternut squash with a fork or knife after 20 minutes to see if its soft all the way through but not mushy. It may need another 10 minutes or so. At the end stir in the halloumi and olives to heat through.
- Serve with couscous, and flat breads! delicious!
As your experience as well as self-confidence expands, you will find that you have a lot more all-natural control over your diet plan and also adjust your diet to your personal preferences in time. Whether you intend to serve a recipe that makes use of less or even more components or is a little basically zesty, you can make simple modifications to accomplish this goal. In other words, begin making your dishes promptly. When it comes to standard cooking skills for beginners you don’t need to discover them yet only if you grasp some easy cooking techniques.
This isn’t a complete guide to fast as well as easy lunch recipes however its excellent something to chew on. Ideally this will obtain your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare tasty dishes for your household without doing a lot of heavy meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food Recipe of Ultimate Butternut Squash Tagine. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!