Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken is 3 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken estimated approx 1 hour 45 mins.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
This hearty, savoury and comforting dish is popular throughout the Caribbean and typically eaten for dinner. True home cooked food made with love. There's heat from the scotch bonnet, but it's not too overpowering as the seeds are removed. The chicken is marinated in a delightful mix of spices, onion, garlic and ginger before cooking giving the meat a beautiful flavour and brown colour. Perfect served over rice to soak up the thick flavourful gravy.
#jamaicanfood #spicy #allspice #ginger #garlic #stew #chicken #brownstew #brownsugar #yeastextract #bellpepper #onion #paprika #comfortfood #scotchbonnet #chilli #springonions #greenonion #caribbeanfood #caribbean #dinner
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts chopped, OR a mixture of thigh and leg meat,
- 1 scotch bonnet chilli, seeds removed, sliced finely,
- 1/2 each sliced bell peppers, (red & yellow),
- 1 onion, chopped finely,
- 4 spring onions, chopped, some reserved for garnish,
- 3 chopped salad tomatoes,
- 1 tbsp the tomato paste,
- 3 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped finely,
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar,
- 2 tsp onion powder,
- 1 heaped tsp paprika,
- 1 tsp garlic powder,
- 1/4 tsp allspice,
- 1 cube chicken stock (reduced salt is possible),
- A few sprigs fresh thyme, or 1 tsp dried,
- 4 bay leaves,
- 1 tbsp ketchup,
- 1 level tsp cocoa powder,
- 1 tsp yeast extract,
- Black pepper and salt to season,
- 1 and 1/2 cups water,
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
Steps to make to make Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken
- In a large bowl add the dark brown sugar, allspice, paprika, garlic powder, minced garlic, fresh ginger, scotch bonnet chilli, chopped onions, a pinch of salt and a generous grind of black pepper plus the yeast extract. Combine well until all fully incorporated. Add in your chicken and gently mix everything together to coat it all over. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or ideally overnight.
- When ready to cook heat up the oil in a large saucepan and remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and add in with the oil. Reserve the onions/marinade for now. Brown the chicken off on all sides.
- Add in the bell peppers and fry for a couple of minutes then add in the onions/marinade mixture that the chicken was in, into the pan. Fry off for a minute or two then add in the tomato paste. Stir through.
- Crumble in the chicken stock cube then add a cup of water. Add in the chopped tomatoes and spring onions. Lastly, add the cocoa powder, ketchup, fresh thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Return and stir occasionally. Simmer over a medium low heat until the sauce becomes a glossy deep brown and has reduced down and thickened. Serve up, garnish with a little spring onion and enjoy! 🙂
As your experience as well as self-confidence grows, you will certainly locate that you have more natural control over your diet plan as well as adapt your diet plan to your personal tastes over time. Whether you intend to offer a recipe that utilizes fewer or more active ingredients or is a little bit basically spicy, you can make straightforward adjustments to accomplish this objective. In other words, start making your recipes promptly. As for basic food preparation skills for beginners you don’t require to learn them however just if you master some straightforward cooking methods.
This isn’t a full overview to quick and very easy lunch recipes but its excellent food for thought. Ideally this will certainly get your imaginative juices streaming so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family without doing a lot of heavy meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Recipe of Speedy Caribbean Inspired Brown Stew Chicken. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!