Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew using 32 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
This is a dish my husband and his family grew up on. We make this quite often and is always a hit in our house.
The soft and tender meat along with the vegetables, eggs and stew sauce makes this so tasty to eat with rice or noodles.
I hope you enjoy making and eating my version of the oxtail and brisket stew.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew:
- 500-750 g oxtail
- 300 g beef brisket
- 1/2 cup plain flour, coating oxtail
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or any cooking oil of preference)
- In stockpot:
- 2 large carrots, sliced into moon shape
- 1 daikon radish, sliced into half moons
- 40 g Rock Sugar
- 1 onion, roughly sliced into chunks
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 3 slices ginger,
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons shaoshing wine
- 2 litres water (or chicken stock)
- Coriander stems (from picking the leaves), tied with string
- Spice mix (wrapped in muslin):
- 5 g Dried whole chillis
- 5 g Star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 g fennel seeds
- 2 g coriander seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- Cooking eggs:
- 3-4 eggs
- Water, for cooking eggs
- Handful coriander leaves
- half Eggs, sliced in
Steps to make to make Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew
- Cut the carrots and daikon in large diagonal chunks and transfer onto a plate. For the frying, cut the onions, spring onions, garlic and ginger. Place on a plate.
- Gather and prepare the dry spice mix in the muslin and tie up.
- Tie up the coriander stalks with string and transfer on the same plate as the muslin.
- Clean the oxtail by running under water, or put in boiling hot water in a pan for 1min to remove any residue off the bones. Set aside and dry off with a towel if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cut the brisket into nice thick chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour. Then coat each of the oxtail and brisket all over and set aside.
- Add oil to a casserole pot on a high heat. Place the oxtail and brisket in the pot to sear. At first, don't move the meat around too much, it will come loose when one side is seared enough. Be sure to sear each side of each piece.
- Once meat has seared add the ginger, garlic and spring onions. Cook for a few minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir occasionally to combine all of the ingredients.
- Then add the carrots and stir.
Add the rock sugar, soy sauces, shaoshing wine and then add enough water to cover the meat. Add the daigon, muslin spice mix and coriander stalks, then cover and boil with a lid for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid and skim off the impurities, then turn down to a low heat and let it simmer for about 4-6 hours. Check the stew every hour and skim off any impurities.
- While the stew simmers, let's prepare the eggs. In a medium sized pot, on medium high heat bring water to a boil, then reduce heat low. Add the eggs carefully to avoid Cracking. Cook eggs for 7 minutes until almost set as they will cook further in the stew later.
- Once the eggs are done, immediately transfer to ice cold water in a mixing bowl (this stops the eggs from cooking further) and let eggs cool down.
- Once eggs have cooled down, with a teaspoon gently crack the eggs (this creates the beautiful marbling effect), and transfer to the stew to soak into the eggs.
- Simmer stew until the oxtail and brisket become very soft and tender. Tip: meat breaks apart easily. Taste the stew and adjust if necessary (add more sugar, soya sauce etc).
- To serve place steamed rice or cooked noodles in a serving bowl and ladle over stew along with the brisket, oxtail and vegetables. Peel the eggs from the stew, cut in half and place on top and garnish with coriander.
As your experience as well as self-confidence expands, you will locate that you have more natural control over your diet and also adjust your diet to your individual tastes in time. Whether you intend to offer a recipe that utilizes fewer or more active ingredients or is a little bit basically zesty, you can make straightforward modifications to accomplish this objective. To put it simply, begin making your recipes in a timely manner. As for fundamental cooking skills for newbies you do not require to learn them yet just if you master some simple food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a complete overview to fast and also easy lunch recipes however its good something to chew on. With any luck this will obtain your innovative juices streaming so you can prepare delicious dishes for your household without doing too many square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food Steps to Make Any-night-of-the-week Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!