Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, Classic Cottage Pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Classic Cottage Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Classic Cottage Pie is something that I have loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Classic Cottage Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Classic Cottage Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Classic Cottage Pie using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
It’s a cold grey weekend and we were in need of comfort food this Sunday. I’ve made a classic cottage pie (with child approved veg) and an apple crumble and custard. If the weather feels like autumn, today I’ll cook autumn dishes! (But I hope Spring comes back next week)
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Classic Cottage Pie:
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tbsp gluten free plain flour
- 500 g lean beef steak mince
- Large handful frozen peas
- Large handful frozen sweetcorn
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 350 mls beef stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Steps to make to make Classic Cottage Pie
- Peel the potatoes, cut into 4 and boil in salted water until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the mince and fry until brown, about 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Stir in the tomato purée.
- Sprinkle your flour, basil, salt and pepper and then pour in the stock. Stir in your frozen peas and sweetcorn.
- Simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes adding some olive oil, salt and pepper to the mash.
- Layer your beef mix into the base of a baking dish. Then spread the mash on top. Run a fork over the mash to create ridges that go crispy.
- Bake for a further 30 minutes in the oven then serve.
As your experience as well as self-confidence grows, you will locate that you have much more all-natural control over your diet and also adapt your diet plan to your individual tastes gradually. Whether you want to serve a dish that utilizes less or more components or is a little more or less spicy, you can make simple modifications to accomplish this objective. Simply put, begin making your dishes on schedule. As for basic cooking skills for newbies you do not need to learn them however only if you grasp some basic food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a full guide to fast as well as very easy lunch dishes however its excellent something to chew on. Ideally this will certainly get your innovative juices streaming so you can prepare tasty meals for your family without doing a lot of square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Step-by-Step Guide to Make Quick Classic Cottage Pie. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!