Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel is Serves 6 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel estimated approx 1 hour.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Thomas Keller’s recipe
#dinner #chicken #fennel #lunch #greenolives #bayleaves #lemon #chickenstock #parsley #delicious #tasty #mealseaker #roastchicken
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel:
- 3 large fennel bulbs
- 12 chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Canola oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup large green olives such as Cerignola
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 fresh or 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 strips lemon zest -removed with a vegetable peeler
- 8 thyme springs
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
Instructions to make to make Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel
- Cut off the fennel stalks. Trim the bottom of the bulbs and peel back the layers until you reach the core; reserve the core for another use.
- Discard any bruised layers, and cut the fennel into 2 – by – 1/2 inch batons. You need 3 cups fennel for this recipe; reserve any remaining fennel for another use.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Set a cooling rack on a baking sheet.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt. Heat some canola oil in a large ovenproof sauté pan or roasting pan that will hold all the thighs in one layer over medium high heat.
- Add the thighs skin side down and brown on the skin side, about 4 minutes. Turn the thighs over and cook for about 1 minute to sear the meat. Transfer to the cooling rack.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the onion to the pan and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minutes. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the fennel, turn the heat up to medium and cook, stirring often, until the fennel is crisp and tender about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and simmer for about 2 minutes to burn off the alcohol. Stir in the olives, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, lemon zest, and thyme, then pour in the chicken stocks.
- Increase the heat, bring the liquid to a simmer, and cook until fennel is tender about 1 minutes.
- Taste the stock and season with salt as needed. Return the chicken to the pan skin side up in a single layer.
- When the liquid return to a simmer, transfer to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn on the broiler and put the pan under the broiler for a minutes or two to crisp and brown the chicken skin.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with a parsley leaves.
As your experience and also confidence grows, you will discover that you have a lot more all-natural control over your diet as well as adapt your diet plan to your individual tastes with time. Whether you want to offer a recipe that utilizes less or even more components or is a little bit basically zesty, you can make easy adjustments to accomplish this goal. In other words, start making your recipes in a timely manner. As for standard food preparation skills for beginners you don’t require to learn them however only if you master some easy food preparation methods.
This isn’t a total guide to fast as well as simple lunch recipes however its excellent something to chew on. With any luck this will certainly obtain your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family without doing a lot of heavy meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food Recipe of Speedy Crispy braised chicken thighs with olives, lemon and fennel. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!