Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce is 4 ppl. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce estimated approx 1hr 30mins.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce using 16 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you cook that.
This is the traditional Cypriot fish cakes which can be make in many different forms that I learned to make during my national guard service
Served with curry sauce or either any leftover sweet and sour sauce that I made in my chicken recipe
I would make them as a rose design since everyone would get my surname mixed up with the word "rose" due to the nature of their accent. So I would humour them and make roses out of the fish for them
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce:
- White fish fillet
- Curry sauce
- Half an Onion
- Half a Chicken stock
- 1 tspn Tomato paste
- 1 tspn Curry powder
- 1 Garlic bud
- 3 Bay leaf
- 1 tspn Paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Small amount of celery and parsley (or use the spice version)
- 50 g butter
- Cumin seeds (κυπραία–> atkisha)
Instructions to make to make Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce
- Remember to defrost the fish fillets beforehand if needed*
- Take a fillet out and slice it lengthwise
- Note : make sure you have an area for water to flow away for this next step
- Take one end of a half and begin rolling it along it's edge, then clasp it firmly with your hands and gently squeeze the excess water out of it so water won't be drippping out on its own, then place the rose shape into the tray
- Repeat for the other half of the fillet (doesn't have to be a rose shape, just has to be able to hold the curry sauce)
- Cover the tray with cling film and leave in the fridge
- These next steps are for the curry sauce :
- Melt about 50g of butter in a frying pan and add about 2 tablespoons of flour and whisk
- After this, mix a chicken stock cube in water and pour it into mixture
- Chop half an onion finely and add to mixture
- Chop celery and parsley finely and hold onto it, we will add it in a bit
- Chop a garlic bud finely and add into mix
- Add 1 tspn of curry powder
- Add half a tspn of cumin seeds
- Add 1 tspn of paprika
- Add tspn of tomato paste and whisk
- Now add flour and water and stir
- Add 2 pinches of salt and pepper each
- Add chopped celery and Parsley now to mix
- Remember* it's good to always taste test every now and again to see how it could be changed to your liking (final product should look like this)
- Now the curry sauce should be done, take your fish cake out or cut it if you haven't already (just place a plate over the heated curry if so)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C for 15 mins
- Pour the curry sauce over the fish cakes and place them in the oven at 190°C for an hour
- Turn the oven down to 150°C for half an hour and then take them out carefully
As your experience as well as confidence expands, you will find that you have extra all-natural control over your diet and also adapt your diet to your individual preferences in time. Whether you want to offer a dish that makes use of less or more components or is a bit essentially zesty, you can make basic changes to accomplish this objective. To put it simply, begin making your dishes in a timely manner. When it comes to fundamental food preparation skills for novices you don’t require to discover them however only if you understand some easy cooking methods.
This isn’t a complete overview to fast and simple lunch dishes however its great food for thought. Hopefully this will get your innovative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family without doing way too many square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food Simple Way to Prepare Perfect Cypriot fish rose cakes (χοκι ψάρι) with local curry sauce. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!