Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, Grannys' Beef Stew. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Grannys' Beef Stew is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Grannys' Beef Stew is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Grannys' Beef Stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Grannys' Beef Stew delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Grannys' Beef Stew is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Grannys' Beef Stew estimated approx 4 mins.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Grannys' Beef Stew using 10 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
my granny used to make this for me when I was a kid in it was 1 of my favorite meals
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Grannys' Beef Stew:
- 1 large onion(chopped)
- 7 Idaho potatoes
- 1 can whole green beans
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Crisco shortening
- 1 water
- 2 1/2 lb stew meat less 3 or 4 chunks
- 1 tbsp lawery's seasoned salt
- 3 tbsp Flour… Plain or self rising
Steps to make to make Grannys' Beef Stew
- Put the stew meat in a pot and cover with water(less 3 or 4 chunks)
- take the 3 or 4 chunks of beef and cut them into very tiny pieces
- add the tiny pieces of beef and the seasonings to your pot and start cooking on medium low heat
- in the meantime chop the onion and add to the pot
- cover and simmer on medium low heat for a couple of hours
- after a couple of hours peal your potatoes and cut into small chunks
- add your potatoes and green beans and continue to cook on medium low
- * note I do not brown my beef… or ever let my pot come to a rapid boil!!! this will ensure that your beef will be very tender
- about an hour later your green beans will no longer be floating and your potatoes will be tender
- this next step is a little complicated
- in a skillet heat your Crisco shortening until has all melted in is rather hot
- while your shortening is heating… mixed together your flour and cornstarch
- slowly add your flour cornstarch mixture to the hot grease
- brown flour…I use the bottom of a large cooking spoon to brown mine
- as you brown the flower uncover your pot and turn the heat up… when your part is near a boil in your flower is brown slowly add the browned flower to your pot… please know that if your stock is not hot enough… it will cause your gravy to be lumpy
- now all you have to do is sit and wait for your gravy to thicken
- just in case you're wondering…. by cutting those 3 or 4 chunks into small pieces… it will give your stew a country style gravy.. with a little bit of Beef
- also I'll have to variations of this recipe… sometimes I use half sweet potatoes and half Idaho potatoes…
- once when I got ready to add my potatoes I realized I didn't have any… so I added to packs of ramen noodles… it took less time of course… however I enjoyed both veriations
As your experience as well as self-confidence expands, you will locate that you have more all-natural control over your diet regimen and also adapt your diet plan to your individual preferences over time. Whether you wish to offer a recipe that utilizes fewer or more ingredients or is a bit more or less spicy, you can make straightforward adjustments to achieve this objective. Simply put, start making your recipes on time. As for standard cooking abilities for newbies you don’t need to discover them yet only if you grasp some easy cooking strategies.
This isn’t a full guide to quick and also simple lunch dishes however its great food for thought. With any luck this will get your creative juices streaming so you can prepare tasty dishes for your household without doing way too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food Easiest Way to Make Quick Grannys' Beef Stew. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!