Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie is 4-6 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie estimated approx 1 hour.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Getting kids to eat a healthy and well balanced meal doesn't have to be difficult or complicated. Next time if you have a fussy child (or adult) food critic, why not try this healthy delicious and simple to make – Shepherd's Pie. My son can’t get enough of it…. #shepherdspie #britishfood #pies #mycookbook
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie:
- 10 medium – large potatoes or roughly about 1 kg
- 1 large onion
- 5-10 cloves garlic
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- 500 gram mince meat – beef or lamb – preferably with 20% – 30% fat ratio
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme and Rosemary
- Thai Sweet Chili sauce (optional)
- Parmesan (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Butter and milk (optional)
Steps to make to make Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie
- Diced up the potatoes and add in boiling water with some salt. I like to leave the potato skins on as they have lots of nutrients and vitamins – potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, niacin, and thiamine.
- Dice up the onion and minced the garlic
- Mashed up the cooked potatoes, add salt and pepper to taste. I’ve also added a half a small tea spoon of minced garlic with some unsalted butter to enhance the flavour
- Blanched a cup of frozen vegetables
- Cook the mince meat on a hot skillet. As the meat has a bit of fat, I didn’t use any oil. Once it’s almost done, add in the onion, garlic and vegetables. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the can of tomato sauce (substitutes – can of tomatoes or tomato purée), and the dried herbs. If you like a bit of sweetness and a hint of mild heat, add in sweet chili sauce (this is optional)
- Add in salt and pepper to taste and let simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Once the mince meat is done, spoon it into an oven proof dish. I’ve topped it up with some cheese before adding the mash potatoes on top.
- Once you topped up the potatoes, add more cheese before putting it into a preheated oven for 15mins or until you can see the bubbling sauce on the side of the oven dish.
- Once it’s done, it should have a golden brown top. I like to sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan on the top before serving.
As your experience and self-confidence grows, you will locate that you have a lot more all-natural control over your diet plan and also adjust your diet to your personal tastes with time. Whether you intend to offer a dish that makes use of less or even more components or is a little more or less hot, you can make straightforward changes to achieve this objective. Simply put, start making your dishes on schedule. As for basic food preparation skills for beginners you do not need to learn them yet just if you master some basic cooking strategies.
This isn’t a complete overview to quick and very easy lunch dishes however its great food for thought. Hopefully this will certainly get your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare tasty dishes for your household without doing way too many square meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food Step-by-Step Guide to Make Perfect Johnnie’s Shepherds Pie. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!