Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice is 2 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice estimated approx 1 hour.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
This dish is pure comfort. The rice is super flavourful as it's cooked in chicken stock that was used to poach the chicken, and for me that, along with the chilli sauce are the stars of this dish.
Traditionally a whole chicken would be poached, and the skin left on the breast meat. However in my version I use two skinless chicken breasts instead, as I often cook this to serve two – and would rather eat a leaner meal without as much fat.
Note: You can actually purchase Hainanese chicken chilli sauce online if you don't want to make it yourself from many oriental supermarket, saving you even more time.
Also, traditionally chicken fat would be used to make the rice, but in its place I have used butter – lard could also be used.
#hainanesechickenrice #hainanese #chicken #jasminerice #ginger #garlic #healthy #onion #familymeal #lunch #poached #family #rice #comfort
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice:
- 2 chicken breasts, around 320g worth,
- For the poaching broth:
- 1 chicken stock cube (I used the jellied kind),
- 2 spring onions, ends removed, cleaned,
- 1 carrot, sliced into four chunks,
- 2 inches sliced ginger,
- 1/2 onion, sliced into 3-4 chunks,
- 1 pinch sea salt
- For the rice:
- 160 g (dry weight) Jasmine rice, washed and drained,
- 1 inch ginger, sliced very finely,
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,
- Chicken broth from poaching the chicken,
- 1 tbsp chicken fat (or use lard OR butter instead),
- 1 pinch salt
- For the chilli sauce:
- 3 large red chillies,
- 3-5 tbsp chicken broth, reserved from the poached chicken,
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 1 tsp sugar,
- 1 tsp sesame oil,
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar,
- Juice 1/2 lime,
- 1 pinch salt,
- To garnish:
- Sliced cucumber,
- 1 spring onion sliced lengthways thinly
Instructions to make to make Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice
- Fill a large saucepan just over halfway up with water and bring to the boil. Add in all the ingredients for the poaching broth, boil for around 3-5 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse then gently place in your chicken fillets.
- Poach the chicken in the broth for approximately 20-25 minutes until juicy and tender. As the chicken poaches, we can begin to prepare the rice.
First heat a frying pan over a high- medium heat. Add in the chicken fat (lard or butter), and render down until melted. Add the garlic and ginger, fry for about 20-30 seconds until fragrant. Add in the uncooked jasmine rice, and stir everything together for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the rice to your rice cooker or hob. Once the chicken is poached remove and wrap in foil to keep warm then using a sieve, drain off the delicious chicken stock into a bowl. Add in enough stock for the amount of rice (refer to packet instructions on rice but I usually use around a 1:2 ratio of rice to water). Add a pinch of salt. Cook the rice then leave to cool for a couple of minutes. The last little bit of stock will be used in the chilli sauce.
- To make the chilli sauce to accompany the chicken, add the ginger, garlic and chillies to a food processor and blitz until a paste is formed then add in the sesame oil, lime juice, rice wine, salt and sugar. Blitz again until well mixed, transfer to a small dipping bowl and add in chicken stock 1 tbsp at a time until a nice sauce-like consistency is achieved.
- Serve up the rice and chicken, garnish with cucumber on the side. You can keep the sauce on the side or pour over the top of the chicken, then garnish with spring onion. Enjoy! 🙂
As your experience and also self-confidence expands, you will certainly find that you have much more all-natural control over your diet plan and adapt your diet to your individual tastes in time. Whether you intend to offer a dish that utilizes fewer or more active ingredients or is a little more or less zesty, you can make easy adjustments to attain this objective. Simply put, begin making your recipes in a timely manner. As for standard food preparation skills for newbies you do not require to discover them yet just if you understand some straightforward food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a total guide to quick as well as easy lunch recipes however its great something to chew on. Ideally this will get your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your family members without doing too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food How to Make Super Quick Homemade Leaner Hainanese Inspired Chicken & Rice. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!