Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, Lebanese Chicken freekeh. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Lebanese Chicken freekeh is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Lebanese Chicken freekeh is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Lebanese Chicken freekeh, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Lebanese Chicken freekeh delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Lebanese Chicken freekeh is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook Lebanese Chicken freekeh using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Freekeh is the most flavourful grain in my opinion. It’s mainly roasted young green wheat that tastes smoky, earthy and nutty.
This is mom’s recipe and I’m so glad that I succeeded in replicating the taste.
The key is to cook the freekeh in freshly made broth (chicken, lamb or vegetable) instead of using stock cube.
I LOVE FREEKEH AND I CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH OF IT!
#lebanesecooking #lebanese #maindish #lunch #dinner
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Lebanese Chicken freekeh:
- 300 g freekeh wheat, rinsed very well
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Lebanese ‘seven spices
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chicken legs or thighs (bones will give extra flavour to the broth)
- Chicken broth from boiled chicken
- To boil the chicken and make the broth tasty (all or any of)
- 1 onion
- pods Cardamom
- stick Cinnamon
- Dried lime
- Butter + oil (or either)
- Unsalted Cashew nut, almond, pistachio …
Steps to make to make Lebanese Chicken freekeh
- Start with boiling the chicken as mentioned In the attached tip. When the chicken is cooked, drain and keep the broth. Put the chicken aside, we’ll come back to it later of course! 🍗
- Now to rinse the freekeh. Some freekeh has stones or gravel in it, even the good quality one. To remove them easily, spread the dry freekeh grains on a tray, remove any visible ones you can see. Add into a bowl, add cold water and remove the ones that float on the surface. Then rinse well. I recommend this brand and it’s available on Amazon.
- In a deep pot (i used the one in which I cooked the chicken), add good amount of vegetable oil, fry the onions until translucent, but not brown!
- Add the freekeh, mix until it’s well mixed with the onions and each and every grain is coated in oil. Add the black pepper, seven spices, cinnamon powder, allspice and salt. Mix gently.
- Add the chicken broth. The level of the broth should be about 2cm higher than the level of freekeh. Taste the water to check if you need more salt. Give it a mix
- Cook on high heat and when it starts boiling, turn the heat to very low, cover and let it cook slowly for around 40 to 50 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of cooking, bring the chicken legs that you already cooked, place on an oven tray, drizzle some oil and I like to sprinkle a little bit of the same spices i used for the freekeh (cinnamon powder, allspice and 7 spices). Cook in the oven under the grill until golden and crispy
- Fry some nuts like almond, cashew or pistachio in oil and butter
- Once the water has “mostly” evaporated check the grains if they’re cooked. they should be soft but don’t expect them to be as soft as rice, they’re more like “rice al dente” and that’s how they’re supposed to be. I usually like it a bit moist, not fully dry as it’ll dry more when it cools down. The photo should give you an idea about how it should look time (I hope)!
- Move to a serving dish, place the chicken on top along with the fried nuts. You can serve with plain/greek yogurt on the side.
As your experience and confidence grows, you will certainly find that you have extra all-natural control over your diet and adjust your diet to your personal tastes gradually. Whether you wish to serve a recipe that utilizes fewer or even more ingredients or is a little bit essentially zesty, you can make basic modifications to attain this goal. To put it simply, start making your dishes in a timely manner. As for fundamental food preparation abilities for novices you don’t require to discover them but only if you understand some straightforward cooking techniques.
This isn’t a complete overview to fast as well as easy lunch dishes but its great food for thought. With any luck this will obtain your innovative juices streaming so you can prepare tasty meals for your family without doing too many square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food Recipe of Award-winning Lebanese Chicken freekeh. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!