Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Low-Fat Cottage Pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Low-Fat Cottage Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Low-Fat Cottage Pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Low-Fat Cottage Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Low-Fat Cottage Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Low-Fat Cottage Pie is 6 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have Low-Fat Cottage Pie using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Slightly adapted from the hairy Dieters book.
Roughly 322 calories per portion for 6.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Low-Fat Cottage Pie:
- cottage pie mix
- 400 g lean mince beef such as 5% fat mince beef
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 clearly sticks, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 500 ml beef stock, made with 1 beef oxo cube
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- leeky potato topping
- 800 g potatoes such as maris piper, peeled and quartered
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced into 1cm pieces
- 150 g low fat creme fraiche
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
Instructions to make to make Low-Fat Cottage Pie
- Place a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add the mince, onions, celery and carrots. Cook for 10 minutes stirring regularly so as not to burn. Break up the mince with the wooden spoon.
- Stir the tomato puree, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and cover with lid, simmer for 50-60 minutes, stirring occasionally until meat is tender.
- About 30 minutes before the meat is ready make the potato topping. Boil the potatoes in salted water until soft and tender. While the potatoes are boiling, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the leeks for 8-10 minutes stirring regularly. Drain the potatoes well and return to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, add the creme fraiche until smooth then stir in the leeks and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200c. In the last 5 minutes of the meat cooking, mix the cornflour with the water to make a paste then add to the meat mixture. Cook for another 5 minutes or so until sauce has thickened.
- Pour the meat into a shallow casserole dish then top with the mashed potatoes. Gently level the mash over the meat with a spoon, then fluff using a fork.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the potato topping is golden brown.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with baked beans or side salad.
As your experience and also confidence expands, you will certainly locate that you have more all-natural control over your diet as well as adjust your diet to your individual preferences gradually. Whether you wish to offer a recipe that makes use of fewer or more ingredients or is a bit more or less spicy, you can make simple changes to achieve this goal. In other words, begin making your recipes in a timely manner. As for basic food preparation skills for novices you don’t require to learn them but just if you grasp some simple food preparation methods.
This isn’t a total guide to quick and easy lunch dishes yet its great something to chew on. Hopefully this will certainly obtain your imaginative juices flowing so you can prepare delicious meals for your family members without doing a lot of square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Low-Fat Cottage Pie. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!