Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Ma Po Tofu. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ma Po Tofu is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Ma Po Tofu is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Ma Po Tofu, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Ma Po Tofu delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Ma Po Tofu using 17 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Ma Po Tofu:
- 600 g tofu
- 100 g minced beef or pork
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- Vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1.5 tsp fresh ginger
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tbsp fermented black beans
- 2.5 tbsp dou ban jiang (broad bean paste in chili oil)
- 240 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp chili oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Steps to make to make Ma Po Tofu
- Cook rice in salted water. Remove and set aside
- Roast 1tsp Sichuan peppercorns for 1-2mins on low heat in a dry wok. Add 60ml vegetable oil then continue to cook on a low heat for a further 2mins. Drain the oil into a small glass and set aside
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and ginger
- Chop the spring onions
- Finely chop 2tbsp fermented black beans
- Chop through 2.5tbsp dou ban jiang broad bean paste to ensure all broad beans are in a paste and to release flavour
- Cut tofu into reasonably large chunks using a sharp knife
- Cook the tofu in boiling salted water for 1-2mins until some of the tofu floats to the surface then remove and set aside
- Finely chop the minced beef/pork
- Heat 2tbsp vegetable oil in wok then add the meat. Fry until cooked then push to one side of the wok. To the empty side, add the spring onion whites, garlic and ginger. Reduce the heat and sautée for 15secs then mix in with the meat
- Add fermented black beans and mix. Move everything to one side of the wok again and then add the dou ban jiang paste to the empty side. Sautée the paste for 15secs then mix everything together
- Add 240ml vegetable or chicken stock and stir
- Add 2tsp chili oil and 2tsp of the Sichuan peppercorn oil made earlier. Stir
- Gently lower the tofu into the sauce and use a large spoon to cover the tofu with the sauce. Leave for 3mins to enable the tofu to absorb the flavours. Use chopsticks from here onwards to mix the wok ingredients so as not to break apart the tofu pieces
- Add 1tsp light soy sauce, 1tsp dark soy sauce and 2tsp brown sugar. Mix together until the sugar has melted
- Mix 1tsp cornflour and 1tsp water, pour into the wok and mix immediately
- Add 1tsp sesame oil and mix
- Serve alongside rice and top with spring onion greens
As your experience and confidence grows, you will certainly locate that you have much more natural control over your diet regimen and also adjust your diet plan to your personal preferences gradually. Whether you want to offer a dish that uses fewer or even more components or is a little more or less hot, you can make straightforward adjustments to accomplish this goal. In other words, begin making your recipes on time. When it comes to fundamental food preparation skills for newbies you don’t need to learn them yet just if you understand some straightforward food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a full guide to fast and also easy lunch dishes however its great food for thought. With any luck this will certainly get your innovative juices moving so you can prepare tasty meals for your family members without doing way too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food How to Prepare Speedy Ma Po Tofu. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!