Simple Way to Make Award-winning Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew is 2-3 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew estimated approx 40 mins.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
This West African stew (particularly popular in Senegal, Mali & Gambia) is super rich, thick in consistency and really comforting due to the peanut butter in it. I like to add a bit of red chilli in mine for a bit of a kick.
#Africanfood #westafrican #spices #cayenne #chilli #peanutbutter #peanut #beef #chicken #stock #familymeal #dinner #lunch #onepot #hob #rich #comforting #tomato #bellpepper #onion #mutton #lamb
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew:
- 350 g protein of your choice (Mutton/Lamb or Chicken are good),
- 1 small/medium sized green & yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled & cubed,
- 1 white onion, chopped,
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & sliced into small bite sized pieces,
- 2.5 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter,
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste,
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced finely,
- 1 beef OR chicken stock cube mixed with 430ml boiling water,
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper,
- 1 tsp paprika,
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin,
- 1-2 red chillies, sliced finely,
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying,
- Salt & pepper to season,
- To serve:
- White rice OR fufu
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Steps to make to make Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew
- Add your oil to a large heavy based saucepan (or I used a wok), and heat over a medium heat. Add in the sliced onions. Soften whilst stirring occasionally.
- Add in your meat of choice and brown off on all sides. Next add in sweet potato, carrot, bell peppers, garlic, dry spices and chilli. Fry until fragrant. This should take around a minute.
- Add the tomato paste and peanut butter. Stir though to coat the meat & veggies well. Season with salt and pepper then pour in the stock. Bring to a simmer over a medium-low heat. Stir occasionally so it doesn't catch to the base of the pan. Cook for around 15-20 minutes until the gravy thickens up and has reduced down. Leave to cool for a minute or so then serve up and garnish with a few parsley leaves with a side of your choice. Enjoy! 🙂
As your experience and self-confidence grows, you will certainly discover that you have extra natural control over your diet as well as adjust your diet regimen to your individual tastes in time. Whether you intend to serve a dish that makes use of fewer or even more components or is a little bit basically zesty, you can make simple adjustments to attain this goal. Simply put, begin making your dishes in a timely manner. When it comes to fundamental cooking skills for novices you don’t require to learn them however just if you master some simple food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a total guide to quick and also very easy lunch dishes however its excellent food for thought. Ideally this will certainly obtain your innovative juices streaming so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family members without doing way too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food Easiest Way to Make Super Quick Homemade Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!