Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew is 2-3 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew estimated approx 40 mins.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
This West African stew (particularly popular in Senegal, Mali & Gambia) is super rich, thick in consistency and really comforting due to the peanut butter in it. I like to add a bit of red chilli in mine for a bit of a kick.
#Africanfood #westafrican #spices #cayenne #chilli #peanutbutter #peanut #beef #chicken #stock #familymeal #dinner #lunch #onepot #hob #rich #comforting #tomato #bellpepper #onion #mutton #lamb
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew:
- 350 g protein of your choice (Mutton/Lamb or Chicken are good),
- 1 small/medium sized green & yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled & cubed,
- 1 white onion, chopped,
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & sliced into small bite sized pieces,
- 2.5 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter,
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste,
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced finely,
- 1 beef OR chicken stock cube mixed with 430ml boiling water,
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper,
- 1 tsp paprika,
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin,
- 1-2 red chillies, sliced finely,
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying,
- Salt & pepper to season,
- To serve:
- White rice OR fufu
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Instructions to make to make Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew
- Add your oil to a large heavy based saucepan (or I used a wok), and heat over a medium heat. Add in the sliced onions. Soften whilst stirring occasionally.
- Add in your meat of choice and brown off on all sides. Next add in sweet potato, carrot, bell peppers, garlic, dry spices and chilli. Fry until fragrant. This should take around a minute.
- Add the tomato paste and peanut butter. Stir though to coat the meat & veggies well. Season with salt and pepper then pour in the stock. Bring to a simmer over a medium-low heat. Stir occasionally so it doesn't catch to the base of the pan. Cook for around 15-20 minutes until the gravy thickens up and has reduced down. Leave to cool for a minute or so then serve up and garnish with a few parsley leaves with a side of your choice. Enjoy! 🙂
As your experience and confidence grows, you will discover that you have much more all-natural control over your diet plan and adjust your diet plan to your individual preferences in time. Whether you want to offer a recipe that makes use of less or more active ingredients or is a little bit more or less hot, you can make straightforward changes to attain this goal. To put it simply, start making your dishes on schedule. When it comes to standard food preparation skills for novices you do not need to discover them but only if you understand some easy cooking methods.
This isn’t a full overview to fast as well as simple lunch dishes yet its great something to chew on. Hopefully this will get your imaginative juices streaming so you can prepare delicious dishes for your family members without doing too many square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Simple Way to Prepare Quick Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!