Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce) is something which I have loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce) is 2 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce) estimated approx 30 mins.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce) using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Also known as 'pockmarked grandma's beancurd' this wonderful spicy and savoury dish with amazing textures comes from the Sichuan province in China.
Serve over some simple steamed jasmine rice and garnish with a few spring onion greens for freshness.
Note: You can purchase 'spicy bean sauce', dried red Sichuan chillies and Sichuan pepper corns either online or from many Asian grocery stores.
#tofu #pork #sichuanpepper #sichuan #spicy #beansauce #mapotofu #mapo #wok #stirfried #redchillies #driedchili #garlic #ginger #groundpork #porkmince #vegetableoil #comfortfood #familymeal #dinner #lunch #chinesefood #asian #fakeaway #rice
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce):
- 200 g ground pork,
- 1 block (80 g) extra firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes,
- 1 tbsp spicy bean sauce (I used Lee Kum Kee brand),
- 5 dried chillies, roughly chopped into 1/2 inch pieces,
- 1 red chilli, sliced finely,
- 1 tsp Sichuan pepper corns, ground,
- 3 tsp garlic paste,
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced finely,
- 250 ml reduced salt chicken stock,
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 1tbsp cold water,
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil,
- 2 tsp sugar, or to taste,
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- To garnish:
- 1/2 spring onion, sliced very finely, (green part only),
- 1 tiny pinch ground Sichuan pepper,
- To serve:
- Steamed jasmine rice
Steps to make to make Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce)
- Heat a wok over a low heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and the dried and fresh sliced chillies. Fry gently for around 4-5 minutes until fragrant. Pour the chillies and oil into a small bowl and set aside for later. Add in the other 1 tbsp of oil into the wok and turn the heat up to medium on the hob. Add the ginger, stir fry for a minute then add the garlic and fry for around 20 seconds, ensuring you don't burn it.
- Add in the ground pork and break it up into small pieces in the wok. Once it's browned off add the ground Sichuan pepper corns and stir fry for about 15-20 seconds. Next add in the spicy bean paste and the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer. Mix the cornflour with a tbsp of water and add in to thicken the bubbling sauce.
- Take the chillies we cooked earlier in the wok along with the oil were fried in and add it into the pork/sauce mixture. Stir through. Now, add the blocks of tofu. Season with sesame oil and sugar to taste and simmer for around 5 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens. Drop in the spring onions in right at the end of cooking, simmer for another 30 seconds then remove from the heat. Serve up and season with a touch more ground Sichuan pepper and extra spring onions if desired. Enjoy! 🙂
As your experience and also confidence expands, you will certainly find that you have extra natural control over your diet and also adjust your diet plan to your individual tastes in time. Whether you wish to serve a dish that makes use of fewer or even more ingredients or is a little essentially zesty, you can make basic adjustments to attain this objective. Simply put, start making your recipes promptly. When it comes to standard cooking skills for newbies you do not need to learn them yet only if you grasp some easy cooking techniques.
This isn’t a full overview to quick and very easy lunch dishes but its great food for thought. Hopefully this will certainly obtain your imaginative juices streaming so you can prepare tasty dishes for your family members without doing too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Steps to Make Super Quick Homemade Mapo Tofu (ground pork and tofu in a spicy bean sauce). Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!