Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs is 8-10 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs estimated approx 130-140 minutes plus 15 minutes prep.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
This is old-fashioned comfort food and very nourishing. I usually make enough for 10 portions, with one casserole for today (if 4-6) or to do tomorrow as well and a second to go in the freezer. Sometimes the gravy comes through the potato topping, as in this photo, if I leave it in the oven a little long but that doesn’t affect the taste and I do like a crispy topping. I rarely add a garnish but thinly-sliced tomatoes, a Paprika dusting or parsley work well. If you don’t want the second casserole, just halve the quantities and reduce the first oven stage cooking time by 15 minutes. This dish takes a while but basically cooks itself.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs:
- 1 kg beef mince
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 5 carrots, diced
- 1-1 1/2 litres beef stock: Oxo cubes can be used
- 2 kg potatoes
- 4 heaped tbs beef gravy granules
- 2 parsnips, diced (optional)
- Milk or cream
Instructions to make to make Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 5 or electric equivalent (160C on my Circotherm oven
- Put the mince, onions, carrots and (if wished) parsnips into a large casserole
- Add the stock or Oxo mix to the casserole, pouring to cover all areas. Stir.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and place in pre-heated oven for 90 minutes.
- Check once or twice to ensure enough liquid. Add a little stock or boiling water if needed but don’t overdo this!
- Towards the end of this cooking phase, peel and boil the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes, using a generous amount of butter and just enough milk or cream to allow the stiff mash to spread
- Once the meat is cooked, remove from oven and thicken with the gravy granules, stirring thoroughly. You want a firmish, not liquid-y mixture. Leave the oven on.
- Put half of the casserole’s contents into another, smaller if possible, casserole.
- Put the second half of the contents into another smaller casserole or leave in the original casserole according to preference.
- Taste the “brew” and season to taste.
- Add a thick layer of the potato mash to each casserole and run the back of a fork across the top, so that the times make ridges in the potato topping.
- Add any desired garnish to the top of the potato layer.
- Return one of the smaller casseroles to the oven for 35-40 minutes, slightly longer if you prefer the potato topping particularly crisped.
- Serve piping hot with vegetables of your choice. I like a generous portion of savoy cabbage but other brassicas or most legumes work well. It’s nourishing comfort food, so have what you like!
- Let the second casserole cool and put into the freezer for future use or into the fridge if eating the following day.
As your experience and also confidence expands, you will discover that you have extra natural control over your diet plan and also adjust your diet to your individual tastes gradually. Whether you want to offer a dish that makes use of less or even more active ingredients or is a little bit more or less hot, you can make easy changes to attain this objective. To put it simply, begin making your recipes on schedule. When it comes to basic cooking skills for novices you don’t need to learn them yet only if you grasp some easy food preparation methods.
This isn’t a total guide to fast as well as easy lunch dishes yet its great food for thought. Hopefully this will get your creative juices streaming so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family members without doing way too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Easiest Way to Make Speedy Nice & Easy Cottage Pie with Built-in Left-overs. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!