Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon is 12 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon using 31 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
You can make delicious okonomiyaki using plain cake flour, without using expensive okonomiyaki flour!
If using chicken stock, see.
The key point is to make a soup stock from beef tendon. You can use chicken bone soup stock or bonito dashi stock as well.
Mix up one pancake worth of the ingredients at a time, even if it's a bother!
Heat up the griddle to 250°C. If it's not hot enough, the okonomiyaki will not cook up nice and puffy.
Shrimp, oysters, scallops or squid is delicious added to this too. For 12 okonomiyaki pancakes. Recipe by Cooking S Papa
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon:
- Batter (combine the ※ ingredients beforehand)
- 500 grams ※Cake flour
- 2 tbsp ※Sugar
- 2 tsp ※Salt
- 1 liter ※The water from boiling beef tendon or use the chicken stock from
- 150 grams ※Yamaimo yam
- 3 tbsp ※Bonito flakes
- 15 grams ※Baking powder
- 1 1/5 kg Finely chopped cabbage
- 1 Tempura batter crumbs
- 1 bunch Green onions or scallions
- 1 Red pickled ginger
- 12 Eggs
- 200 grams Beef tendon
- 200 grams Thinly sliced pork belly
- 200 grams Boiled octopus
- To parboil the beef tendon:
- 2 large Water
- 3 slice Ginger
- 2 stalks worth The green part of a Japanese leek
- To flavor the beef tendon
- 40 ml Soy sauce
- 400 ml Water
- 25 ml Sake
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 10:1 blend Tonkatsu sauce, "Doro" Sauce (a type of thick Worcestershire-style sauce)
- 1 10:1:1 blend Mayonnaise, milk, plain yogurt
- 1 Aonori
- 1 Bonito flakes
Steps to make to make Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon
- Boil the beef tendon in plenty of water with 3 slices of ginger and the green part of 3 stalks of leek for about 5 minutes to eliminate the gaminess. Skim off the scum completely.
- Rinse the boiled beef tendon with cold water and put into a pressure cooker with 2000 ml of water. Lock on the lid, bring to a boil and cook under pressure for 15 minutes. Leave to cool down naturally.
- Chop the beni-shouga pickled red ginger into a 1 mm dice. Slice the octopus into big pieces.
- Cut the cabbage into 2-3 mm wide julienne. Turn 90 degrees and chop up into 3mm dice. If you do this 1/4 of a cabbage at a time, it's easy.
- 1 head of cabbage chopped is about 1.2 kg worth.
- Slice the green onion thinly. Peel and grate the yamaimo yam.
- Take out the beef tendon from Step 2. The cooking liquid will be used as the soup stock in the batter, so skim off the scum carefully and leave to cool.
- Cut the beef tendon into bite sized pieces, and simmer in the beef tendon flavoring ingredients. When the cooking liquid has reduced by half, leave to cool and absorb the flavors.
- Combine the batter ingredients, and add the completely cooled down beef tendon stock little by little. If you add it all at once the batter may form lumps so add it a bit at a time.
- If any lumps remain the batter will be floury, so mix well. Once the batter is mixed, add the grated yamaimo.
- Pour the batter onto a heated electric griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices.
- Break an egg into a small bowl, add 2 ladle fulls of batter, 2 handfuls (about 100 g) of cabbage, some octopus, some of the beef tendon, green onion, tempura batter crumbs, and red pickled ginger.
- Mix it with a spoon to incorporate air into the batter and don't over-mix. You should still see some of the egg white in the mix.
- Pour the batter onto a heated griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices.
- Cook for 5 minutes, and when you can insert the spatula underneath easily turn it over for the first time. Cook for another 5 minutes, then turn over again. Do not press down on the pancake.
- Cover with lots of sauce, sprinkle with bonito flakes and aonori seaweed powder, and it's done. Add mayonnaise or Japanese mustard to taste!
- Use this kind of container (you can buy it at a 100 yen shop) to spread the mayonnaise. If you add about 10% milk and yogurt to the mayonnaise, it tastes great.
- You can't omit Doro sauce (a kind of thick Worcestershire-type sauce)! It serves as a 'hidden flavor' in the sauce. It is quite salty, which goes well with okonomiyaki. Don't add too much. The ratio is about 10:1 tonkatsu sauce to Doro sauce.
- This is tasty made with chicken bone soup stock too. Seefor the chicken stock recipe.
- Make your own tempura batter crumbs.
- is a version that only uses yamaimo yam and eggs in the batter.
- This is a 3-layer birthday cake version!
As your experience as well as confidence grows, you will find that you have more natural control over your diet plan and adapt your diet regimen to your individual tastes over time. Whether you want to serve a dish that uses less or even more ingredients or is a little essentially zesty, you can make easy adjustments to achieve this objective. In other words, begin making your recipes on schedule. When it comes to fundamental food preparation abilities for beginners you do not need to discover them however just if you grasp some straightforward food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a total overview to fast as well as simple lunch recipes however its great food for thought. With any luck this will certainly get your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare tasty meals for your family without doing way too many square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food Simple Way to Prepare Speedy Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!