Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
‘Okowa’ is a type of Glutinous Rice dish. My mother used to cook it by steaming, but I cook it using a rice cooker just like ‘Takikomigohan’. When you use Glutinous Rice, you need to reduce the amount of liquid. As my ‘Pork Speck Takikomigohan’ was so successful, I tried to cook Asian flavoured version using Glutinous Rice, and it was seriously delicious. This is now one of my favourite ‘Okowa’ dishes.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice:
- 1.5 cups (*180ml cup) Glutinous Rice *short grain preferred
- 0.5 cup (*180ml cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice
- 150 g Pork Speck *cut into small bite-size pieces
- 50 g Bamboo Shoots *I use canned cooked Bamboo Shoots
- 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 3-4 Shiitake *If you use Dried Shiitake, they must be well rehydrated
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1/2 cup Edamame Beans OR Peas *thawed if frozen
- Spring Onion *finely chopped, optional
- Toasted Sesame Seeds *optional
- 320 ml Chicken Stock *OR 320ml Water & 1 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 small piece Ginger *grated
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
- Note: You can add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Sugar for sweeter flavour
Steps to make to make Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice
- Cut Carrot, Bamboo Shoot and Shiitake into small pieces OR slices. Place Bamboo Shoot pieces in a small bowl, add Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil, and mix to combine, then set aside.
- Place all the Soup ingredients in a measuring jug OR bowl, and mix well.
- Place Pork Speck pieces in Rice Cooker’s inner pot.
- Wash Glutinous Rice and Regular Short Grain Rice together, drain well, and spread over the Pork Speck.
- Scatter Bamboo Shoot, Shiitake and Carrot. Gently pour the soup over, but DO NOT stir.
- Press the Cook/Start button. When the rice is cooked, add Edamame (OR Peas) and let them steamed for 10 minutes, then gently mix.
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped Spring Onion and toasted Sesame Seeds, and serve.
- *Note: ‘Okowa’ is perfect for ‘Onigiri’ (Rice Balls) because Glutinous Rice retains softness even next day. Simply form it into triangular shape and wrap it with Nori.
As your experience and confidence grows, you will locate that you have much more all-natural control over your diet plan as well as adapt your diet plan to your individual preferences gradually. Whether you wish to offer a dish that utilizes less or even more components or is a little bit basically hot, you can make basic adjustments to attain this goal. In other words, begin making your recipes in a timely manner. As for basic food preparation abilities for beginners you do not require to discover them however just if you grasp some easy food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a complete guide to quick and also easy lunch dishes but its great something to chew on. With any luck this will certainly obtain your innovative juices moving so you can prepare delicious meals for your family members without doing a lot of square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Pork Speck ‘Okowa’ Glutinous Rice. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!