Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise is 4 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise estimated approx 2 hours.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The pressure cook does a really good job in this falling-off -the-bone short ribs – if you don’t have half a day to slow cook (and just as good or better!). The Port wine adds sweetness with depth and star anise the licorice like spice, but these can be switched to suit your taste.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise:
- 4 short chunks (12-3cm) of beef short ribs (bone-in)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 star anise pods ground (or ground nutmeg)
- 5 garlic cloves: 3 grated/crushed and 2 minced
- 2 leeks: white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots: cut in to 2cm chunks
- 1 Thumb size ginger: peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/2 cup Port wine (or Madeira or red wine)
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs (chives/tarragon/ parsley etc.) for serving – optional
Instructions to make to make Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise
- Rub the short ribs with the bay leaves, salt, pepper, star anise and grated garlic. Cover and refrigerate. Marinate for at least 1 hour or preferably more. (leave the beef in room temperature if just for an hour)
- Brown the ribs on all sides on a pan or skillet on high heat. Place them in the pressure pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium, wipe off the excess beef fat with a paper towel and sauté the minced garlic, ginger, leek and carrots with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in the same pan – 5 minutes. Add flour and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the Port and stock to the pan. Pour everything over the ribs in to the pressure cook. Cover and cook in high pressure for 40 minutes. (If using slow cooker, cook on high for 5-7 hours)
- Once cooked, transfer the ribs to a large bowl/plate and keep warm(or cover in foil). Cook the sauce and vegetables left in the pot to reduce liquid for 3-5 minutes. Mix the sauce with a mixer for a smooth gravy(optional). Pour it over the ribs, garnish with herbs and serve.
As your experience and also self-confidence grows, you will discover that you have much more natural control over your diet and also adjust your diet regimen to your personal tastes over time. Whether you intend to serve a recipe that uses fewer or even more components or is a little basically zesty, you can make basic modifications to accomplish this goal. In other words, begin making your dishes in a timely manner. When it comes to basic food preparation abilities for beginners you don’t require to learn them yet just if you understand some basic cooking strategies.
This isn’t a total overview to quick and also easy lunch dishes however its excellent something to chew on. Hopefully this will certainly get your creative juices streaming so you can prepare delicious dishes for your family members without doing way too many square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food Simple Way to Make Award-winning Port-braised SHORT RIBS with star anise. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!