Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, Shepherdess pie. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shepherdess pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Shepherdess pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Shepherdess pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Shepherdess pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Shepherdess pie is 4 generous portions. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have Shepherdess pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
A vegan take on a traditional dish.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Shepherdess pie:
- Vegan "minced beef" (recipe given, but use ready-made if you like, about 300g)
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp any mild mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp gravy browning
- 2 leeks
- 4 carrots
- 1 tin tomatoes
- Double-handful of frozen peas
- about 400g – 500g potatoes
- 1 little plant milk
Instructions to make to make Shepherdess pie
- Prepare the mince (see separate recipe).
- Chop the onion and start to gently fry it in a large pan, using a little oil (or a splash of water if you prefer). While it's cooking, clean and chop the carrots and leeks. Add a bit of extra water to the pan to make sure the onions don't stick or burn.
- Stir in the tomato puree, mustard, thyme, cloves and gravy browning. Next, add the mince, stir and cook for a few minutes. Now add the carrots and leeks. Next empty the tomatoes into the pan, refill the can with water and pour that in too. Stir thoroughly. Mix in the peas. Cover and leave the pot to simmer. Check and stir periodically, adding extra water if needed.
- Meanwhile – clean, peel (optional) and chop the potatoes and put these into another saucepan to boil. (This is a good time to turn the oven on for pre-heating at 200C.) Once the potatoes soft (about 15 minutes), drain off the water in a colander. Return the potatoes to the pan. Mash, adding the milk, until fairly smooth.
- Assemble the pie! Add the mince and vegetable mixture into a casserole or pie dish, and top with mashed potato.
If you like, you can add vegan cheese and/or sliced tomato on top. That's how my mum always used to make it!
Either way, bake the pie in the oven about 30 minutes. Or freeze and cook in the oven from frozen another day…. Today I made one pie for dinner and two little ones for the freezer.
As your experience and confidence expands, you will certainly discover that you have extra natural control over your diet as well as adjust your diet regimen to your personal tastes gradually. Whether you intend to serve a dish that utilizes less or more active ingredients or is a little more or less spicy, you can make basic changes to accomplish this objective. In other words, begin making your dishes on time. As for standard cooking abilities for newbies you do not need to learn them however only if you grasp some simple food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a complete guide to quick as well as simple lunch recipes however its excellent food for thought. Hopefully this will get your creative juices streaming so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family without doing too many square meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food Recipe of Favorite Shepherdess pie. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!