How to Make Super Quick Homemade Spiced Cottage Pie
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Spiced Cottage Pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spiced Cottage Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Spiced Cottage Pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Spiced Cottage Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Spiced Cottage Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Spiced Cottage Pie is 4 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Spiced Cottage Pie estimated approx aprrox 1hr.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Spiced Cottage Pie using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Spiced Cottage Pie:
- 1,800 g potatoes
- 2 packs mince (beef or chicken)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 large white onions
- Chilli flakes
- Ground cumin
- Paprika (not smoked)
- Ground coriander
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- Ground black pepper
- 300 ml milk
- 100 g salted block butter, cut into small pieces
- Frozen peas
- Cheddar cheese, extra mature is best
Steps to make to make Spiced Cottage Pie
- Preheat oven to 180°c (fan assisted)
- Peel the potatoes, chop them into equal medium sized pieces and put into a large pot. Crush three of the garlic cloves and add them to the pot. Add 1 tsp salt to the pot. Cover the potatoes with hot water and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile roughly chop the onions and finely chop the remaining 2 cloves of garlic. Add some oil to a pot and then add the onions and garlic. Fry on a medium heat until the onions are softened.
- Meanwhile get a large pan, non-stick preferably. Add enough oil to just coat the botton of the pan, turn on the hob to a high heat and add two heaped tsp ground cumin and two teaspoons of chilli flakes. Fry for 1 minute, being careful not to burn the spices.
- Add the mince to pan with the cumin and chilli in. Fry until the mince is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile add 2 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp ground coriander, 2 tsp ground black pepper and 1 tsp salt to the onions. Mix well.
- Then add 2 tins chopped tomatoes to the onions. Mix well again and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mince to the pan with the onions and tomatoes in. Add the frozen peas (as many as you like), mix well and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Heat 300ml milk with 100g salted butter in the microwave until the milk is warm and the butter is melted. Drain the water from the potatoes and add the milk and butter.
- Mash until smooth. Don't take out the garlic cloves, mash them with the potatoes. Then add ground black pepper to taste and mix well.
- In a large, deep baking tray add the meat mixture and even out. Then add the mash and even out again.
- Go across the top of the mash with a fork so it crisps in the oven. Sprinkle the top generously with grated cheese. Put into the oven for 30 minutes, until golden and crispy on top.
As your experience as well as confidence grows, you will discover that you have much more natural control over your diet as well as adjust your diet to your individual tastes with time. Whether you intend to offer a recipe that makes use of fewer or more ingredients or is a little more or less zesty, you can make simple changes to accomplish this goal. To put it simply, start making your recipes on schedule. As for fundamental cooking skills for novices you do not need to discover them however only if you understand some easy food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a full guide to quick and also easy lunch dishes yet its excellent food for thought. Hopefully this will certainly get your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare delicious dishes for your family without doing a lot of heavy meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food Simple Way to Prepare Homemade Spiced Cottage Pie. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!