Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, Spiced Cottage Pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spiced Cottage Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Spiced Cottage Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Spiced Cottage Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Spiced Cottage Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Spiced Cottage Pie is 4 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Spiced Cottage Pie estimated approx aprrox 1hr.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Spiced Cottage Pie using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Spiced Cottage Pie:
- 1,800 g potatoes
- 2 packs mince (beef or chicken)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 large white onions
- Chilli flakes
- Ground cumin
- Paprika (not smoked)
- Ground coriander
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- Ground black pepper
- 300 ml milk
- 100 g salted block butter, cut into small pieces
- Frozen peas
- Cheddar cheese, extra mature is best
Steps to make to make Spiced Cottage Pie
- Preheat oven to 180°c (fan assisted)
- Peel the potatoes, chop them into equal medium sized pieces and put into a large pot. Crush three of the garlic cloves and add them to the pot. Add 1 tsp salt to the pot. Cover the potatoes with hot water and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile roughly chop the onions and finely chop the remaining 2 cloves of garlic. Add some oil to a pot and then add the onions and garlic. Fry on a medium heat until the onions are softened.
- Meanwhile get a large pan, non-stick preferably. Add enough oil to just coat the botton of the pan, turn on the hob to a high heat and add two heaped tsp ground cumin and two teaspoons of chilli flakes. Fry for 1 minute, being careful not to burn the spices.
- Add the mince to pan with the cumin and chilli in. Fry until the mince is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile add 2 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp ground coriander, 2 tsp ground black pepper and 1 tsp salt to the onions. Mix well.
- Then add 2 tins chopped tomatoes to the onions. Mix well again and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mince to the pan with the onions and tomatoes in. Add the frozen peas (as many as you like), mix well and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Heat 300ml milk with 100g salted butter in the microwave until the milk is warm and the butter is melted. Drain the water from the potatoes and add the milk and butter.
- Mash until smooth. Don't take out the garlic cloves, mash them with the potatoes. Then add ground black pepper to taste and mix well.
- In a large, deep baking tray add the meat mixture and even out. Then add the mash and even out again.
- Go across the top of the mash with a fork so it crisps in the oven. Sprinkle the top generously with grated cheese. Put into the oven for 30 minutes, until golden and crispy on top.
As your experience and confidence expands, you will locate that you have more all-natural control over your diet regimen and adjust your diet to your individual preferences over time. Whether you want to serve a recipe that uses fewer or more ingredients or is a bit essentially spicy, you can make basic modifications to attain this goal. To put it simply, begin making your dishes on schedule. When it comes to fundamental cooking abilities for beginners you do not need to learn them however just if you master some simple cooking methods.
This isn’t a complete guide to fast and also easy lunch dishes but its great food for thought. Hopefully this will get your imaginative juices flowing so you can prepare tasty meals for your household without doing too many square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Spiced Cottage Pie. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!