Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, Steak and Kidney Pies. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Steak and Kidney Pies is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Steak and Kidney Pies is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Steak and Kidney Pies, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Steak and Kidney Pies delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook Steak and Kidney Pies using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
One of my Husband’s favourite lunchtime foods. #Lunchtime, #Easy, #Budget.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Steak and Kidney Pies:
- 250 grams Plain Flour
- 250 grams Butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Salt
- 150 mls approx Water
- 500 grams Ox Kidney
- 500 grams Braising Beef
- 2 Beef Stock cubes
- 300 mls Water
- 1 large Onion
Instructions to make to make Steak and Kidney Pies
- Make the Pastry. Sieve the Flour into a bowl and add the Butter and salt. Mix with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add a little water at a time until the mix becomes a soft dough. Put in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, or while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut the Ox Kidney into small pieces, discarding any white parts, and place in a heavy saucepan.
- Dice the beef into small cubes, discarding any fat. Add to the saucepan.
- Slice and dice the Onion, add to the saucepan with the Stock Cubes and 300 mls of Water. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer, with a lid on, if you have one, for about 15 minutes.
- Place the pastry onto a floured board Cut off about 1/3 and put aside for lids. Roll out to an even sheet. Grease the inside of the tins you are using, then add the pastry, overlapping the sides. Brush the inside thickly with beaten egg, to prevent leakage. Fill the pies to near the top, using a slotted spoon, to drain excess gravy, then add a little gravy to each pie.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to make lids, trim excess off the sides and brush with beaten egg. Make 2-3 slots in the lid. Cook in a medium hot oven for about 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool and enjoy! Can be frozen.
As your experience and also self-confidence grows, you will certainly discover that you have a lot more all-natural control over your diet and adjust your diet plan to your individual tastes over time. Whether you intend to offer a dish that makes use of fewer or even more components or is a bit more or less zesty, you can make easy adjustments to accomplish this goal. In other words, begin making your recipes on schedule. As for fundamental food preparation abilities for novices you do not need to discover them but just if you master some basic food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a total guide to quick and simple lunch recipes yet its excellent something to chew on. Hopefully this will get your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare delicious meals for your family without doing too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food Steps to Make Speedy Steak and Kidney Pies. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!