Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) is 2 – 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo) using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
This recipe holds dearly to me as a friend of mine introduced me to this traditional Thai dish.
Pad krapow is one of the most popular and easy dishes from Thai cuisine.
The key ingredient is the Holy basil (bai krapow) which is stir-fried. It's what makes the dish. Along with a source of protein such as meat, fish or tofu, garlic, fresh chillis, seasonings and green beans (optional). Giving the perfect balance of sweet, salty and spicy.
Pad krapow is a fast food. In Thailand this dish is available from early morning to late evening in food stalls. Thai people like to eat it for lunch, or if they have a sudden urge of hunger and fancy something quick and tasty.
It has become a favourite of mine to cook as its so quick, simple and just super tasty.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this dish as much as I do.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo):
- 7-10 green chilies (green or mix of red, add as much or as little depending on spicy tolerance)
- 7-9 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 bag runner beans, finely sliced into circles
- Cooking the meat:
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil (frying meat)
- 500 g any mince meat (beef, pork or chicken)
- 4 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce (add more or less depending on preference)
- 2 tablespoon sugar (palm or white, use more or less)
- 1/2 cup water (add more or less depending on preference)
- 1 packet holy basil leaves (basil leaves), separated from stalk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, frying egg (any oil of preference)
- 1 egg (per serving), fried
- 1 lime, sliced into 4 to 8 wedges
Steps to make to make Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo)
- Cut the chillis in half and transfer along with the garlic to a pestle and mortar. Gently crush garlic and chilies together, until you get a coarse paste. Tip: If you don't have a mortar, as an alternative use a blender instead.
- Wash the runner beans in a sieve, drain the excess water and cut of the tops and bottoms. Then place back into the sieve. Get a small amount of runner beans on a chopping board. Cut the runner beans into roughly half an inch, small circular pieces.
- Place onto a plate and repeat until all runner beans have been cut and set aside.
- Grate the palm sugar block over a small bowl (or use white sugar) and set aside.
- In a wok, add and heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Now add the chilli and garlic paste and fry until fragrant (the aroma and spiciness is realstes) stirring occasionally to not burn the garlic.
- Once aromas fills the kitchen add the mince meat to the wok. Break up the mince meat with a spatula into small pieces. Stir the mixture frequently, until the mince is almost cooked.
- Add the runner beans to the mixture and stir occasionally until the soft and cooked. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add the oyster sauce, soya sauce and fish sauce to wok. Thoroughly mix together. Add palm sugar (white sugar), water and stir well. Once combined taste it and adjust (if needed add more soy, oyster sauce fish sauce or sugar). It should have a sweet, salty and spicy flavour all at the same time.
- Turn the heat to low and let the runner beans cook to desired softness. Then add the basil leaves and let it cook for a minute, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and set aside.
- Now time to make the fried egg. In a pan on medium heat, add a tiny amount of oil and let it heat up. Oil is ready when it becomes shimmery and very loose. Crack the egg into a small bowl and gently place in the pan.
- Let the egg cook for a few minutes. Do not move the egg, the whites will slowly begin to set. In the meantime, in a small bowl scoop some rice. Mould the rice and transfer to a serving bowl and set aside. Add some of the stir fried beef with holy basil onto the serving bowl. Go back to check the eggs.
- When the whites are set and the yolk is cooked to your preference (I like my yolk runny). Remove from the pan immediately and place over the rice. Tip: if you prefer your yolk a bit more cooked, once egg is crispy on the edges flip it over gently. Cook the other side for a minute and turn off heat.
- Its ready to serve. Eat immediately while hot. Serve with one or two lime wedges (squeeze lime over the dish before eating).
As your experience and also self-confidence expands, you will find that you have more all-natural control over your diet plan and adapt your diet plan to your personal tastes in time. Whether you wish to serve a dish that uses less or even more components or is a bit more or less spicy, you can make easy changes to attain this objective. In other words, begin making your recipes in a timely manner. As for basic food preparation abilities for novices you don’t need to learn them but only if you grasp some basic food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a complete overview to quick and simple lunch recipes yet its excellent food for thought. Ideally this will certainly get your innovative juices streaming so you can prepare delicious meals for your family without doing way too many square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food Recipe of Quick Thai basil pork (pad krapow moo). Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!