Recipe of Favorite Beef Rendang
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, Beef Rendang. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef Rendang is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Beef Rendang is something which I have loved my whole life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Beef Rendang, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Beef Rendang delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Beef Rendang is 10 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Beef Rendang estimated approx 5 hours.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Beef Rendang using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
It’s a special dish from West Sumatra (Padang). Takes a really long time to cook that’s why you want to make a big batch to freeze. The original recipe calls for 2 litres coconut milk per 1 kg meat. But I found that 1/2 litre per kg of meat is sufficient since I don’t want to spend more hours thickening the sauce. I think too much sauce is a bit overwhelming since it’s so creamy.
Note: expensive cuts will produce shredded rendang which is not good. However with silverside you probably don’t add salt until the when the meat is completely cooked. Blade or chuck steak is better in my opinion.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Beef Rendang:
- 3 kg chuck or blade steak
- 25 red chillies deseeded if you like it mild
- 10 garlic
- 3 cinnamon barks
- 3 sticks lemongrass
- 15 cloves
- 10 Salam leaves subs with 7 bay leaves
- 20 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cm ginger
- 5 cm galangal
- 1.5 tsp nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp tumeric (I omit it here)
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP salt
- 1.5 litres coconut cream
Steps to make to make Beef Rendang
- Blend using about 400 mL coconut cream all the spice but lemongrass, cinnamon barks, kaffir lime leaves, Salam leaves and galangal.
- Cook the spice mix on low heat including all the leaves, galangal, nutmeg, salt, pepper and sugar without oil or water until fragrant and oily (pic 2)
- Add the diced meat, turn up the heat to medium and make sure meat is covered with the sauce. After 10 minutes of cooking and the juice from meat is out (pic 2) you might want to use your pressure cooker and cook for 10-15 minutes. (Blade steak for 20 minutes)
- Safely open the pressure cooker’s lid and take out all the meat and set aside.
- Add the remaining coconut cream and keep cooking the sauce on low heat for about 3-5 hours on low heat, stir occasionally. The sauce should be dark and looks creamy (pic 2). The original recipe called for cooking the meat and sauce on low heat for about 9 hours. You can cut the cooking time, but it’s not rendang, it’s called kalio.
- Put the meat and sauce together and cook for a further 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with steam rice and fresh salad leaves / chopped cucumbers.
As your experience as well as self-confidence expands, you will certainly locate that you have more all-natural control over your diet as well as adapt your diet plan to your personal preferences with time. Whether you intend to serve a recipe that utilizes less or more active ingredients or is a bit essentially spicy, you can make simple modifications to attain this goal. Simply put, begin making your dishes on schedule. As for fundamental cooking skills for novices you don’t require to discover them yet only if you master some easy cooking methods.
This isn’t a complete overview to quick and easy lunch recipes however its good food for thought. With any luck this will get your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare delicious dishes for your household without doing a lot of square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Beef Rendang. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!