Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Chicken Tserepa. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Tserepa is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken Tserepa is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Chicken Tserepa, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Chicken Tserepa delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have Chicken Tserepa using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The recipe that follows describes a traditional way of cooking chicken (mainly, but other kinds of meat as well, such as rabbit for example) in Ithaca. And to counter the reaction of their near neighbours, yes, the same technique is used in Kefalonia as well, but tserepa is a traditional dish of Ithaca.This is a uinique dish, that is worth the effort of all who attempt it.The recipe is already on the site in an older article about Ithaca, but is so interesting that I wanted to bring it to the foreground and not leave it buried in a corner full of spider webs.
Recipe by ggr
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Chicken Tserepa:
- 1 chicken (or even 2, depending on the size of the baking tray)
- potatoes, as many as to fill the empty space in the baking tray
- 2-3 fresh tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 green peppers
- salt, pepper, garlic, oregano
- olive oil
- white wine
Steps to make to make Chicken Tserepa
- Cut the chicken into 4 pieces (or portions).
- Make a paste using salt, pepper, crushed garlic, chicken spice mix. (Avoid to use oregano at this stage because it blackens the meat. Its time will come).
- Empty the mix in a bowl and add oil so that you make a relatively firm paste.
- Continue by stuffing the chicken legs with the paste (make small holes in their skin and meat and fill them), the chicken breast, as well as under the armpit (don't be afraid,it is no longer ticklish).
- Let the chicken marinate overnight. (If you get up during the night, don't get carried away by the smells and start taking snacks. The food IS STILL RAW).
- Place the fresh tomatos in a baking tray, some cut into big pieces, some in rings, as well as the tomato paste dissolved in 1 cup of white wine. Pour the lemon juice over them.
- Add the chicken.
- Fill the tray with quartered potatoes, making sure that they have drained all their water from washing.
- Salt and pepper the potatoes and place the peppers between them, cut into rings.
- Cover the baking tray and place it in the oven, at 150-160 degrees for an hour and a half to two hours, checking to see if it is ready.
- Add the oregano when the food is almost done.
- And now, for those who have (?) or want to try to imitate the procedure of the "tserepa" using some other kind of pot (I used a claypot and the result -for Athens- was satisfactory) the process is as following
- In the place that you are going to bake the food (in a large fireplace, barbeque in the garden or a brazier) begin by heating the tserepa. Make a good fire with wood or coal. Place the cover of the claypot slanted on the fire so that it heats well on the inside. When the coal is hot and ready and there is enough ash, clean an area, place the tray and cover it carefully (very caferully so that you don't break the lid which will be very hot).
- Seal the edges of the claypot with ash and coal so that no air can get insite but also to keep the juices and the fragrance of the food contained.
- Leave the claypot covered for about two and a half hours.
- When you uncover it, the food will be ready.
As your experience and also confidence grows, you will certainly locate that you have more natural control over your diet regimen and adjust your diet to your personal tastes over time. Whether you want to offer a dish that uses less or even more active ingredients or is a little bit basically hot, you can make easy changes to achieve this objective. Simply put, start making your dishes promptly. As for fundamental food preparation abilities for newbies you do not require to learn them yet only if you understand some basic food preparation methods.
This isn’t a full guide to quick and very easy lunch dishes yet its excellent something to chew on. Ideally this will certainly obtain your imaginative juices flowing so you can prepare delicious dishes for your household without doing way too many square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food Simple Way to Make Quick Chicken Tserepa. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!