How to Make Speedy Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew using 32 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
This is a dish my husband and his family grew up on. We make this quite often and is always a hit in our house.
The soft and tender meat along with the vegetables, eggs and stew sauce makes this so tasty to eat with rice or noodles.
I hope you enjoy making and eating my version of the oxtail and brisket stew.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew:
- 500-750 g oxtail
- 300 g beef brisket
- 1/2 cup plain flour, coating oxtail
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or any cooking oil of preference)
- In stockpot:
- 2 large carrots, sliced into moon shape
- 1 daikon radish, sliced into half moons
- 40 g Rock Sugar
- 1 onion, roughly sliced into chunks
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 3 slices ginger,
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons shaoshing wine
- 2 litres water (or chicken stock)
- Coriander stems (from picking the leaves), tied with string
- Spice mix (wrapped in muslin):
- 5 g Dried whole chillis
- 5 g Star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 g fennel seeds
- 2 g coriander seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- Cooking eggs:
- 3-4 eggs
- Water, for cooking eggs
- Handful coriander leaves
- half Eggs, sliced in
Steps to make to make Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew
- Cut the carrots and daikon in large diagonal chunks and transfer onto a plate. For the frying, cut the onions, spring onions, garlic and ginger. Place on a plate.
- Gather and prepare the dry spice mix in the muslin and tie up.
- Tie up the coriander stalks with string and transfer on the same plate as the muslin.
- Clean the oxtail by running under water, or put in boiling hot water in a pan for 1min to remove any residue off the bones. Set aside and dry off with a towel if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cut the brisket into nice thick chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour. Then coat each of the oxtail and brisket all over and set aside.
- Add oil to a casserole pot on a high heat. Place the oxtail and brisket in the pot to sear. At first, don't move the meat around too much, it will come loose when one side is seared enough. Be sure to sear each side of each piece.
- Once meat has seared add the ginger, garlic and spring onions. Cook for a few minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir occasionally to combine all of the ingredients.
- Then add the carrots and stir.
Add the rock sugar, soy sauces, shaoshing wine and then add enough water to cover the meat. Add the daigon, muslin spice mix and coriander stalks, then cover and boil with a lid for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid and skim off the impurities, then turn down to a low heat and let it simmer for about 4-6 hours. Check the stew every hour and skim off any impurities.
- While the stew simmers, let's prepare the eggs. In a medium sized pot, on medium high heat bring water to a boil, then reduce heat low. Add the eggs carefully to avoid Cracking. Cook eggs for 7 minutes until almost set as they will cook further in the stew later.
- Once the eggs are done, immediately transfer to ice cold water in a mixing bowl (this stops the eggs from cooking further) and let eggs cool down.
- Once eggs have cooled down, with a teaspoon gently crack the eggs (this creates the beautiful marbling effect), and transfer to the stew to soak into the eggs.
- Simmer stew until the oxtail and brisket become very soft and tender. Tip: meat breaks apart easily. Taste the stew and adjust if necessary (add more sugar, soya sauce etc).
- To serve place steamed rice or cooked noodles in a serving bowl and ladle over stew along with the brisket, oxtail and vegetables. Peel the eggs from the stew, cut in half and place on top and garnish with coriander.
As your experience and confidence grows, you will locate that you have a lot more natural control over your diet regimen and also adapt your diet regimen to your individual preferences in time. Whether you intend to serve a recipe that uses less or more active ingredients or is a little bit more or less zesty, you can make simple adjustments to accomplish this goal. In other words, start making your dishes promptly. As for basic cooking skills for beginners you don’t require to discover them yet just if you understand some easy food preparation methods.
This isn’t a full overview to fast as well as very easy lunch recipes yet its excellent food for thought. With any luck this will obtain your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare tasty meals for your family without doing too many square meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food Easiest Way to Prepare Ultimate Chinese braised oxtail & brisket stew. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!