Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Award-winning Classic Cottage Pie
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, Classic Cottage Pie. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Classic Cottage Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Classic Cottage Pie is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Classic Cottage Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Classic Cottage Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have Classic Cottage Pie using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
It’s a cold grey weekend and we were in need of comfort food this Sunday. I’ve made a classic cottage pie (with child approved veg) and an apple crumble and custard. If the weather feels like autumn, today I’ll cook autumn dishes! (But I hope Spring comes back next week)
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Classic Cottage Pie:
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tbsp gluten free plain flour
- 500 g lean beef steak mince
- Large handful frozen peas
- Large handful frozen sweetcorn
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 350 mls beef stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Steps to make to make Classic Cottage Pie
- Peel the potatoes, cut into 4 and boil in salted water until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the mince and fry until brown, about 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Stir in the tomato purée.
- Sprinkle your flour, basil, salt and pepper and then pour in the stock. Stir in your frozen peas and sweetcorn.
- Simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes adding some olive oil, salt and pepper to the mash.
- Layer your beef mix into the base of a baking dish. Then spread the mash on top. Run a fork over the mash to create ridges that go crispy.
- Bake for a further 30 minutes in the oven then serve.
As your experience and self-confidence expands, you will find that you have extra natural control over your diet regimen and adapt your diet regimen to your personal preferences in time. Whether you wish to serve a recipe that makes use of less or even more active ingredients or is a little bit basically spicy, you can make straightforward modifications to accomplish this goal. Simply put, start making your recipes in a timely manner. As for standard food preparation abilities for novices you don’t require to discover them yet just if you grasp some easy food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a total guide to fast and simple lunch dishes yet its good food for thought. Hopefully this will obtain your creative juices streaming so you can prepare delicious meals for your household without doing too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food Recipe of Award-winning Classic Cottage Pie. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!