Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, Creamy bacon and potato pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Creamy bacon and potato pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Creamy bacon and potato pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Creamy bacon and potato pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Creamy bacon and potato pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Creamy bacon and potato pie is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Creamy bacon and potato pie estimated approx 1hr30 mins.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Creamy bacon and potato pie using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Creamy bacon and potato pie:
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 chicken stock pot
- 1 packet bacon lardons (or normal bacon diced if you don’t have lardons)
- 4 medium leeks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 250 ml double cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 handful smoked cheddar
- 1 handful normal cheddar
- Lots of cracked black pepper
Steps to make to make Creamy bacon and potato pie
- Pre heat oven to 180’C fan.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Add the potatoes and stock pot to a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 10mins till softened (but not falling apart).
- Meanwhile add the lardons (or diced bacon) to a frying pan and fry till crispy. Once crisped remove from the pan (leaving the fat in the pan) and set aside.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain keeping about 200ml of the starchy stock water. Leave to one side for later.
- Chop the leeks and add to the saucepan with the bacon fat. Reduce the heat and cook till softened.
- Add chopped garlic to the softened leeks and fry for 1 minute till the garlic is softened.
- Re-add the bacon to the leeks, add the Dijon mustard and stir through. Add the double cream and as much stock water as required to make a thin sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of minutes till reduced and silky.
- Grate both cheeses. Add half to the creamy mixture and stir through till melted.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the potatoes then the creamy mixture and repeat till both are all used. Add the rest of the cheese to the top and a good grate of black pepper.
- Pop in the oven for 25mins till golden, enjoy with a side salad and some crusty bread, enjoy!
As your experience as well as self-confidence grows, you will certainly locate that you have more natural control over your diet regimen and adapt your diet plan to your personal tastes gradually. Whether you wish to offer a dish that uses less or even more active ingredients or is a bit more or less spicy, you can make straightforward changes to achieve this goal. To put it simply, start making your recipes on time. As for fundamental cooking abilities for newbies you don’t need to discover them yet only if you grasp some simple food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a full guide to fast and simple lunch recipes yet its excellent food for thought. With any luck this will certainly get your innovative juices streaming so you can prepare tasty meals for your household without doing way too many square meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food How to Prepare Speedy Creamy bacon and potato pie. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!