Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) is 2 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) estimated approx 1 hour.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
This is a firm favourite order from the Chinese takeaway. Here's my recipe for creating a pretty close version to your favourite takeout at home!
#cridpyshreddedchillibeef #fakeaway #takeaway #chinese #chinesefood #beef #steak #carrots #springonion #crispybeef #orientalcusine #chilli #chili #chillibeef
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style):
- For The Beef:
- 200 g beef medallion steak,
- 1 baking tray of potato starch or cornflour, (around 6-7 tbsp),
- 2 medium eggs, beaten,
- 1 tbsp cornflour (for slurry),
- Around 350ml cold water,
- For The Sweet Chilli Sauce:
- 4 tbsp low sugar ketchup,
- 2 tbsp organic runny honey or honey alternative,
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce,
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar,
- 1 tbsp HP brown sauce,
- 1 tsp ginger pureé paste, or a thumb fresh ginger, chopped,
- 1 clove garlic, crushed,
- 1 pinch salt
- Other Ingredients:
- 1 medium carrot, cut into long very thin batons,
- 1/2 a small onion cut into very thin strips,
- 3 spring onions cut long lengthways,
- 1-2 fresh Birdseye red chillies, seeds in, cut into fine rings,
- 1 tsp MSG (optional)
- Vegetable or Sunflower cooking oil
- Serving suggestions:
- Egg noodles,
- Egg fried or steamed rice
Steps to make to make Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style)
- Make a slurry (no lumps), of cold water and 1 tbsp cornflour in a bowl. Set aside. Take the beef steak. Trim off any fat. Take a piece of cling film and lay it over the beef. Using a rolling pin smash the beef out nice and thin, (unless it's already a very thin cut). This makes the meat go further and also partially tenderises it. Now using a really sharp knife, and cutting against the grain of the meat, slice the steak into really thin long strips, around 3-4mm wide.
- Place the thin beef strips into the cornflour slurry and leave to sit at room temperature, or if you'd like in a fridge for an hour. This removes the blood from the beef and makes it really soft and tender.
- Once the hour has passed, remove the beef and set upon some kitchen towel to remove any excess water. Dredge the beef into the beaten egg, then place onto the tray scattered with the cornflour until evenly coated. I'd recommend not using your hands for this but using a couple of forks to toss the strips in the cornflour/potato starch, otherwise it'll get very messy as it'll clump into your hands!
- Heat some oil up in a wok until hot (around 1 cm deep, enough for shallow frying). Once really hot place the beef strips in to shallow fry. You may need to do this in two batches. Replenish the cooking oil if needed between batches. As the beef fries, make up the sweet chilli sauce by combining all the ingredients listed on the sauce section of the recipe. Stir until no lumps are seen.
- Once the beef is done, lay it on kitchen towel to remove any excess oil. Discard any random small chunks of batter from the beef. Next discard the tainted oil from the wok carefully. Leave enough oil to coat the wok. Add in the carrots and onion strips and stir fry for a couple of minutes then add in the red chillies and spring onion plus the MSG. Stir fry whilst moving the ingredients around the wok quickly for about 30-40 seconds.
- Add the sauce to the wok and allow it to reduce down for about 30-60 seconds until nice and thick. Add the crispy beef strips back into the wok and toss everything together until evenly coated in the sauce. Do this very quickly so the beef remains as crispy as possible. Note: potato starch usually gives a crunchier finish than cornflour as a coating but can be tricky to get hold of.
- Serve up and enjoy with your choice of side(s)! 🙂
As your experience and confidence expands, you will certainly discover that you have much more all-natural control over your diet plan and adapt your diet plan to your personal preferences in time. Whether you want to offer a dish that makes use of less or even more active ingredients or is a little more or less zesty, you can make straightforward changes to achieve this goal. In other words, begin making your dishes promptly. As for standard food preparation skills for beginners you don’t need to discover them however just if you understand some easy food preparation methods.
This isn’t a full overview to fast and very easy lunch dishes but its excellent something to chew on. With any luck this will certainly obtain your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare delicious dishes for your household without doing way too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Quick Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style). Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!