Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike) is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike), starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike) delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike) is 6 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
This is a Finnish home cooked recipe called Lihakastike. It's like beef stroganoff or beef stew.
My mother-in-law taught me this recipe, and it's a family favorite now.
If you have a pressure cooker, you can reduce the cooking time.
The amount of flour to add depends on how much water is added in Step 3. You can leave out the flour if you like. Thicken the soup to taste.
If you like a mild creamy flavor, add some cream at the end! Recipe by fincafe
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike):
- 800 grams to 1 kg Beef (a block, ground or stewing beef)
- 2 Onions
- 6 tbsp White flour
- 100 grams Butter
- 1 dash Salt and pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Water
- 1 Heavy cream
Instructions to make to make Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike)
- Take the beef out of the refrigerator and leave out for at least 1 hour to allow to come to room temperature. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop the onions.
- Mel butter in a pan and sauté the onion and beef, adding salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sautéed onions and beef to a pan, and add enough water to cover. Toss bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- When it comes to a boil, skim off the scum and turn down the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours, checking occasionally, until the meat becomes fall-apart tender.
- If you want to add a rich flavor, dry-roast flour in a pan until it's brown as shown in the photo above. If you're in a hurry, you can skip this step.
- Add the browned flour to the pan little by little, mixing between additions. When the stew has thickened, stop adding flour. Simmer for another 15 minutes or so, while keeping an eye on it.
- Add fresh cream to taste. We like to add about 100 ml of cream.
- In Finland, this is eaten with mashed or boiled potatoes. It's served on Christmas day too.
As your experience and also confidence grows, you will discover that you have a lot more natural control over your diet plan and adjust your diet to your individual tastes with time. Whether you want to offer a dish that utilizes less or even more active ingredients or is a bit more or less spicy, you can make easy modifications to attain this goal. In other words, begin making your recipes in a timely manner. When it comes to standard food preparation skills for newbies you do not need to learn them yet only if you master some basic cooking techniques.
This isn’t a total overview to fast and also very easy lunch recipes but its good food for thought. With any luck this will get your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family without doing too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food Simple Way to Make Super Quick Homemade Finnish Style Beef Stroganoff (Lihakastike). Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!