Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe is something that I have loved my entire life.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Pastel Tutup is an Indonesian dish inspired by Dutch/European dish. Similar concept to British cottage pie or Dutch ovenschotel, but with different filling.
This is my grandma (Oma Liem)’s recipe, provided kindly by my Aunty Bwee. The measurements and timing are all my approximation. Because as all good Indonesian food recipes, there is no such thing as exact measurement!
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe:
- 600-700 gr potatoes (any variety that is good for mash) or mixed with celeriac for lighter choice
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrot, cubed approx. 0.5cm
- 250-300 gr cubed (05.cm) meat of your choice (chicken/pork/beef/cooked prawn/sausage/tinned spam) or vegetarian meat substitute or tofu
- 1 handful thinly sliced wood ear mushroom (Auricularia auricula-judae aka jelly ear or Jew's ear or black fungus. In Indonesian known as jamur kuping)
- 1 handful glass noodle (soaked in hot water for no longer than 2 minutes then drain)
- 1/2 cup peas (frozen or fresh or tin)
- 100-150 ml stock (chicken or vegetable or beef stock)
- Milk or corn flour (optional)
- Parsley and/or chives, chopped
- 4 Boiled eggs (optional), cut into quarters
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar or any type you like)
- 1 pinch Salt, Pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
Instructions to make to make Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe
- Steam or boil the potatoes (and/or celeriac if you like) then mash it with a touch of butter. If you like creamier mash add milk as you like.
- Stir fry the chopped onion and shallots until soft. Add the cubbed carrot, meat (or vegetarian substitute), peas (if use tinned pea, add this last), mushroom. Add the glass noodle and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg (if using). Pour stock. If you want it creamy, add a few spoonful of milk or corn flour mixed with water. Add the chopped herbs (parsley/chives)
- Transfer the filling into an oven proof dish. If using boiled egg, arrange the quartered eggs on top.
- Cover with mash potato. Brush with egg and sprinkle some grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven 190-200C for 30-40 minutes (until the top is golden brown).
- Serve with salad (if you like), mayonnaise and (if you have Indonesian taste) chilli sauce (Sambal ABC or sriracha).
As your experience as well as confidence expands, you will certainly locate that you have much more all-natural control over your diet plan as well as adjust your diet to your individual preferences over time. Whether you wish to offer a dish that uses fewer or even more active ingredients or is a little basically hot, you can make basic adjustments to accomplish this goal. In other words, start making your dishes in a timely manner. When it comes to basic cooking skills for novices you do not need to discover them but only if you understand some simple food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a full guide to fast and simple lunch dishes but its excellent food for thought. With any luck this will certainly get your creative juices streaming so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your family without doing too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food Easiest Way to Prepare Award-winning Grandma Liem’s Pastel Tutup (Indonesian Cottage Pie) Recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!