How to Prepare Favorite Greek Stuffed Tomatoes
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, Greek Stuffed Tomatoes. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Greek Stuffed Tomatoes is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Greek Stuffed Tomatoes is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Greek Stuffed Tomatoes, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Greek Stuffed Tomatoes delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Greek Stuffed Tomatoes is 2 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Greek Stuffed Tomatoes estimated approx 1hr 20mins.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Greek Stuffed Tomatoes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Really simple, really tasty recipe.
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Greek Stuffed Tomatoes:
- 6 Large vine/beef tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 Jumbo red spring onions finely chopped
- 150 g Microwave wholegrain rice
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- Zest 1 lemon
- 150 g feta cheese
Steps to make to make Greek Stuffed Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Cut the tops off the tomatoes and, using a teaspoon, carefully scoop out the soft pulp and seeds and transfer to a bowl. Put the tomato shells into a baking dish or roasting tin that's large enough to hold all of the tomatoes sitting upright. (Bun tins work well too!) Set aside with the tops of the tomatoes until ready to bake.
- Put the rice in the microwave and cook for half the suggested time to get part cooked rice.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a frying pan set over a low heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes until softened, without allowing it to brown. Roughly chop any larger pieces of reserved tomato pulp, then add to the pan with the part cooked rice, tomato purée and 100ml just-boiled water. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and allow to cook for 12 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and stir in parsley, oregano and lemon zest.
- Crumble feta into rice mixture and stir until evenly mixed through.
- Fill the prepared tomato shells with the rice mixture and return the tops.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil, cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Serve warm from the oven or at room temperature
As your experience and self-confidence grows, you will discover that you have extra all-natural control over your diet plan and adapt your diet to your individual tastes in time. Whether you want to offer a recipe that makes use of fewer or more active ingredients or is a little bit essentially hot, you can make straightforward changes to attain this goal. Simply put, begin making your recipes promptly. When it comes to basic cooking skills for beginners you don’t need to learn them however only if you grasp some basic cooking methods.
This isn’t a complete guide to fast as well as simple lunch dishes but its good food for thought. Hopefully this will certainly get your innovative juices moving so you can prepare scrumptious dishes for your family without doing way too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food Step-by-Step Guide to Make Any-night-of-the-week Greek Stuffed Tomatoes. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!