Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Keema Cottage Pie
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, Keema Cottage Pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Keema Cottage Pie is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Keema Cottage Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Keema Cottage Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Keema Cottage Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Keema Cottage Pie is 2 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Keema Cottage Pie estimated approx 1 hour 15 mins.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have Keema Cottage Pie using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here's my twist on a traditional cottage pie, using Indian spices.
This makes a perfect meal on an Autumn day. It's comforting, savoury and delicious.
#keema #keemacurry #cottagepie #comfortfood #autumnalfood #dinner #lunch #potatoes #mashedpotatoes #garlic #curry #beefmince #onions #carrots
Ingredients and spices that need to be Take to make Keema Cottage Pie:
- For the potato topping:
- 530 g potatoes, par boiled until fork tender,
- 1 knob butter,
- 1 dash whole milk,
- 1 tsp dried coriander leaf, or a handful fresh corriander,
- 1 clove garlic, crushed,
- Salt and white pepper to season
- For the keema pie filling:
- 200 g beef mince, (I used 12% fat frozen for better texture),
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 100 g finely chopped carrot,
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed,
- 2 handfuls peas,
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar,
- 2 heaped tsp medium curry powder,
- 1/2 tsp tumeric,
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger,
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes, or to taste,
- 1 tsp dried corriander leaf,
- 1 beef stock cube,
- 1 level tsp sugar, or sugar replacement,
- Salt and white pepper to season,
- Cooking oil or ghee for frying
- 1.5 pints water (this may vary, see recipe)
Steps to make to make Keema Cottage Pie
- Add the cooking oil to a medium saucepan and bring up to heat. Add in the onions and malt vinegar. Gently fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften then add in the diced carrots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the ground ginger, curry powder, corriander leaf, red chilli flakes and tumeric. Stir through and fry off the spices for a few seconds.
- Add the beef mince. Fry for a couple of minutes then crumble in the beef stock and add the sugar. Stir everything together. Once the beef is browned pour in enough water to cover all the ingredients by about 1cm and bring to a simmer. Add a lid to the saucepan.
- Prepare the mash potatoes by adding the milk, crushed garlic, corriander leaf and butter to a large saucepan. Heat until the butter melts and stir through the milk. Add in the par boiled potatoes and using a potato masher mash until no lumps remain. Remove from the heat then blend further using a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). Check on the keema curry. Once thickened and reduced down remove from the heat. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then ladel into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed potatoes. Smooth neatly over and right up to all edges so there's no gaps.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is light and golden and a thin crust had formed. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then eat and enjoy! 🙂
As your experience and also self-confidence expands, you will locate that you have extra natural control over your diet regimen and also adjust your diet plan to your individual tastes in time. Whether you want to offer a dish that uses less or more ingredients or is a little bit basically zesty, you can make easy changes to achieve this goal. To put it simply, begin making your dishes on time. As for basic food preparation abilities for novices you do not require to learn them however only if you grasp some straightforward cooking methods.
This isn’t a full overview to quick as well as simple lunch dishes however its excellent food for thought. Ideally this will get your creative juices streaming so you can prepare tasty dishes for your household without doing way too many heavy meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food Simple Way to Make Quick Keema Cottage Pie. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!