Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, Keema Cottage Pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Keema Cottage Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Keema Cottage Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Keema Cottage Pie, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Keema Cottage Pie delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Keema Cottage Pie is 2 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Keema Cottage Pie estimated approx 1 hour 15 mins.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Keema Cottage Pie using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
Here's my twist on a traditional cottage pie, using Indian spices.
This makes a perfect meal on an Autumn day. It's comforting, savoury and delicious.
#keema #keemacurry #cottagepie #comfortfood #autumnalfood #dinner #lunch #potatoes #mashedpotatoes #garlic #curry #beefmince #onions #carrots
Ingredients and spices that need to be Prepare to make Keema Cottage Pie:
- For the potato topping:
- 530 g potatoes, par boiled until fork tender,
- 1 knob butter,
- 1 dash whole milk,
- 1 tsp dried coriander leaf, or a handful fresh corriander,
- 1 clove garlic, crushed,
- Salt and white pepper to season
- For the keema pie filling:
- 200 g beef mince, (I used 12% fat frozen for better texture),
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 100 g finely chopped carrot,
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed,
- 2 handfuls peas,
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar,
- 2 heaped tsp medium curry powder,
- 1/2 tsp tumeric,
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger,
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes, or to taste,
- 1 tsp dried corriander leaf,
- 1 beef stock cube,
- 1 level tsp sugar, or sugar replacement,
- Salt and white pepper to season,
- Cooking oil or ghee for frying
- 1.5 pints water (this may vary, see recipe)
Instructions to make to make Keema Cottage Pie
- Add the cooking oil to a medium saucepan and bring up to heat. Add in the onions and malt vinegar. Gently fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften then add in the diced carrots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the ground ginger, curry powder, corriander leaf, red chilli flakes and tumeric. Stir through and fry off the spices for a few seconds.
- Add the beef mince. Fry for a couple of minutes then crumble in the beef stock and add the sugar. Stir everything together. Once the beef is browned pour in enough water to cover all the ingredients by about 1cm and bring to a simmer. Add a lid to the saucepan.
- Prepare the mash potatoes by adding the milk, crushed garlic, corriander leaf and butter to a large saucepan. Heat until the butter melts and stir through the milk. Add in the par boiled potatoes and using a potato masher mash until no lumps remain. Remove from the heat then blend further using a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). Check on the keema curry. Once thickened and reduced down remove from the heat. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then ladel into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed potatoes. Smooth neatly over and right up to all edges so there's no gaps.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is light and golden and a thin crust had formed. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then eat and enjoy! 🙂
As your experience as well as confidence expands, you will locate that you have much more natural control over your diet plan as well as adjust your diet plan to your personal preferences with time. Whether you intend to serve a recipe that makes use of fewer or even more ingredients or is a little essentially zesty, you can make easy changes to accomplish this goal. In other words, begin making your dishes on time. As for fundamental cooking skills for novices you don’t need to discover them but only if you understand some straightforward food preparation strategies.
This isn’t a full guide to quick and very easy lunch recipes yet its great food for thought. With any luck this will certainly obtain your innovative juices streaming so you can prepare delicious dishes for your family without doing too many square meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food How to Make Speedy Keema Cottage Pie. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!