Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew is 2-3 people. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew estimated approx 40 mins.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
This West African stew (particularly popular in Senegal, Mali & Gambia) is super rich, thick in consistency and really comforting due to the peanut butter in it. I like to add a bit of red chilli in mine for a bit of a kick.
#Africanfood #westafrican #spices #cayenne #chilli #peanutbutter #peanut #beef #chicken #stock #familymeal #dinner #lunch #onepot #hob #rich #comforting #tomato #bellpepper #onion #mutton #lamb
Ingredients and spices that need to be Make ready to make Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew:
- 350 g protein of your choice (Mutton/Lamb or Chicken are good),
- 1 small/medium sized green & yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled & cubed,
- 1 white onion, chopped,
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & sliced into small bite sized pieces,
- 2.5 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter,
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste,
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced finely,
- 1 beef OR chicken stock cube mixed with 430ml boiling water,
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper,
- 1 tsp paprika,
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin,
- 1-2 red chillies, sliced finely,
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying,
- Salt & pepper to season,
- To serve:
- White rice OR fufu
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Instructions to make to make Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew
- Add your oil to a large heavy based saucepan (or I used a wok), and heat over a medium heat. Add in the sliced onions. Soften whilst stirring occasionally.
- Add in your meat of choice and brown off on all sides. Next add in sweet potato, carrot, bell peppers, garlic, dry spices and chilli. Fry until fragrant. This should take around a minute.
- Add the tomato paste and peanut butter. Stir though to coat the meat & veggies well. Season with salt and pepper then pour in the stock. Bring to a simmer over a medium-low heat. Stir occasionally so it doesn't catch to the base of the pan. Cook for around 15-20 minutes until the gravy thickens up and has reduced down. Leave to cool for a minute or so then serve up and garnish with a few parsley leaves with a side of your choice. Enjoy! 🙂
As your experience and also confidence expands, you will find that you have a lot more natural control over your diet as well as adjust your diet to your personal tastes gradually. Whether you wish to serve a dish that utilizes less or even more active ingredients or is a little bit more or less spicy, you can make easy changes to attain this objective. Simply put, start making your dishes promptly. As for fundamental food preparation abilities for newbies you don’t require to learn them but just if you understand some straightforward food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a total overview to fast and also easy lunch dishes however its excellent something to chew on. Hopefully this will certainly obtain your innovative juices flowing so you can prepare scrumptious meals for your family members without doing too many square meals on your trip.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food Steps to Make Super Quick Homemade Maafe ~ West African Peanut Stew. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!