Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon!. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon! is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon! is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon!, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon! delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon! is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon! using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Why are readymade been tendon pieces and the been tendon pieces in the oden sold at convenience stores so small. I tried making it myself with big pieces, and it was delicious! Ever since then I've stopped buying ready made been tendon, and we've been eating this meaty oden every year. It takes some time and effort, but please give it a try.
Skim off any fat that comes to the surface while it's simmering. You can use one of those special fat-removing sheets. The oden soup recipe is just an example. You can make the soup using storebought mentsuyu sauce instead. Adjust the amount of salt and soy sauce to taste. Recipe by Naitosan
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon!:
- 500 to 600 grams Beef tendon
- 1/2 Daikon radish
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Konnyaku
- 1 as much (to taste) Chikuwa and other oden ingredients
- 10 to 12 Bamboo skewers (for the been tendon…don't forget these)
- For the oden soup (storebought is fine!)
- 1000 ml Water (or bonito dashi stock)
- 1 10cm long piece Kombu
- 80 ml Sake
- 80 ml Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Bonito dashi stock granules (if using water rather than dashi)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Salt
Steps to make to make Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon!
- Slice the daikon into the thickness you like, and parboil it. Boil the konnyaku also. Hard boil the eggs and peel.
- Cut the beef tendon into bite sized pieces using a knife or kitchen shears. Using the shears is easier.
- Bring plenty of water to a boil in a frying pan, and throw in the beef tendon. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- A lot of scum will rise to the surface, but just ignore it and simmer over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes. If the scum bothers you, remove it.
- Bring the frying pan over to the sink, throw out the hot liquid, pour some lukewarm water over the meat and drain. Don't burn yourself.
- When the water in the frying pan is lukewarm, wash the beef tendon by massaging it. Change the water twice, and keep washing the meat until the water runs clear.
- When it's washed, spread the meat out on paper towels and pat dry. The beef tendon becomes shiny and clean as shown in the photo.
- Skewer the beef tendon. And here you have meaty, hearty beef tendon pieces!
- I was able to make 10 beef tendon skewers. You can freeze them like this. If you prep a lot of beef tendon in one go it's very convenient. You can take the skewers out and use the meat in curry and so on.
- Put the water and seasoning ingredients (bonito dashi stock granules, or storebought oden soup base) in a pan, add the konbu seaweed and simmer to make the dashi or soup base. You can use the konbu seaweed in the oden (re-added later and simmered until tender).
- When the soup is boiling, add the beef tendon, and simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Don't let it boil too hard, or the dashi will become cloudy and not as tasty.
- Add the parboiled daikon radish, konnyaku, and eggs from step 1, and simmer for another hour or so.
- As you continue simmering, clear fat from the beef tendon will rise to the surface, so skim it off diligently. This makes the soup stock really delicious.
- After 2 hours of simmering, the beef tendon will become tender enough that a skewer goes through it easily. The soup stock will be deliciously flavored with the beef tendon too.
- I always let it rest overnight so that the daikon radish, eggs and meat become permeated with flavor. The next day the fat will have floated to the surface and hardened, so just scoop this out.
- Heat it up the next day, add more dashi stock and fish paste cakes (such as chikuwa and gobo-maki) of your choice, simmer some more and it's done!
- The meaty beef tendon and the daikon radish which have soaked up the beef soup overnight are just sublime! Mustard and yuzu pepper go well with this.
- It's still delicious if you don't rest it overnight, but in that case make sure to remove any fat from the surface in step 13. The soup will become clean and delicious.
- Gobo-maki (fish paste sticks with burdock root) and chikuwa fish sticks go very well in this oden. Mochi-kinchaku (mochi rice cake in a fried tofu bag) is delicious too, as it soaks up the beef soup. My favorite is chikuwa.
As your experience as well as confidence grows, you will find that you have more all-natural control over your diet regimen and adjust your diet regimen to your individual preferences gradually. Whether you want to serve a dish that makes use of less or even more active ingredients or is a little basically zesty, you can make simple modifications to attain this objective. Simply put, start making your dishes promptly. As for basic food preparation abilities for novices you do not need to learn them yet only if you grasp some easy food preparation techniques.
This isn’t a complete guide to quick and also easy lunch dishes yet its good something to chew on. With any luck this will certainly obtain your imaginative juices moving so you can prepare tasty meals for your household without doing way too many heavy meals on your journey.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food Recipe of Award-winning Meaty Oden (Fish Cake Hotpot) Packed With Homemade Simmered Beef Tendon!. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!