Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, Mr Benn’s Bookshop. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mr Benn’s Bookshop is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Mr Benn’s Bookshop is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Many things affect the quality of taste from Mr Benn’s Bookshop, starting from the type of ingredients, then the selection of fresh ingredients, the ability to cut dishes to how to make and serve them. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Mr Benn’s Bookshop delicious at home, because if you already know the trick then this dish can be used as an extraordinary special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Mr Benn’s Bookshop is 4 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Just in addition, the time it takes to cook Mr Benn’s Bookshop estimated approx Overnight to marinade plus 15 minutes.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Mr Benn’s Bookshop using 29 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
I adore the seaside especially when there is a quirky restaurant with exceptional food to be found off the beaten track – bookshop by day and Thai restaurant by night. My attempt at my favourite chicken satay from the Boulevard Bookshop & Thai Cafe in Hastings. #MyRestaurantRecipe
Ingredients and spices that need to be Get to make Mr Benn’s Bookshop:
- 500 g organic chicken
- 3 shallots peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cm (1 1/2 inch) piece of galangal or root ginger
- 2 lemongrass stalks, outer leaves removed and white part chopped
- 1 cm (1/2 inch) piece of turmeric, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 small chilli, deseeded
- 1 tsp ground sea salt
- 4 tbsps peanut oil
- Peanut sauce
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup light oil
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 2 tbsps palm sugar cut into pieces
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp sweet soya sauce
- Spice paste
- 4 dried red chillies
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only
- 1 cm (1/2 inch) galangal, peeled
Instructions to make to make Mr Benn’s Bookshop
- Slice the chicken into thin slices.
- Grind together the shallots, galangal, lemongrass, turmeric and garlic, coriander and cumin in a pestle and mortar until a rough paste. Add the fish sauce, sugar and chilli and season with a few grinds of salt and pepper.
- Add to the paste and the peanut oil to the chicken mixing well to combine.
- Cover with cling film and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in warm water. Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers. Heat a griddle pan and brush with oil. Lay the skewers on the pan. Turn frequently until cooked through basting occasionally with a light oil.
- For the peanut sauce, crush the peanuts with a pestle and mortar and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the tamarind pulp to 1/4 cup warm water and set aside for 10 minutes. Sieve and discard the pulp. Soak the chillies in warm water to soften and drain.
- Transfer the spice paste ingredients to a food processor, add 3 tablespoons of water and blend until combined.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil on medium heat, add the spice paste and fry until aromatic.
- Add the ground peanuts, tamarind, water, salt, sugar, coriander and soy sauce stirring to combine.
- Cook the peanut sauce on medium heat stirring continuously for about 10 minutes until the peanut sauce thickens and the oil separates.
- Serve the chicken skewers with the warm satay sauce.
As your experience as well as confidence expands, you will find that you have a lot more all-natural control over your diet plan and adjust your diet regimen to your individual preferences in time. Whether you wish to offer a dish that makes use of fewer or even more components or is a bit more or less hot, you can make easy adjustments to attain this goal. To put it simply, begin making your dishes promptly. When it comes to fundamental cooking abilities for newbies you do not need to learn them but just if you grasp some easy cooking strategies.
This isn’t a full guide to fast and also easy lunch dishes but its great food for thought. With any luck this will certainly get your imaginative juices streaming so you can prepare delicious meals for your family without doing too many square meals on your trip.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food Simple Way to Make Quick Mr Benn’s Bookshop. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!